Need someone to take a wheelchair down from Sun Lakes... Please help!

At birth we can't choose the path our lives will take... but as we live our lives we can choose to help make a dfference in what path the life of someone less fortunate than us will take...

Just this morning (Fri 7/10/09) I went to deliver a wheelchair to what I was told was a 13 year old boy, but it turned out to be a 22 year old young man with ceribral pulsy. The 2 wheelchairs I currently have are for small children and too small for him. He knew I was coming and what I was bringing, he immediately smiled upon seeing me.... I think it upset me more than it did him... I would be extreemely thankful to anyone who can help me bring that smile back to his face...

With help from our friend Art Sloan and donations he receives we have been able to offer medical equipment such as walkers, crutches, walking casts and wheelchairs to families that are in need of these articles. At the moment Art has 4 walking casts (boots) and a wheelchair. Art lives in the Sun Lakes area, and if anyone is near or from the Sun Lakes area and coming down this weekend or in the near future and could pick-up these articles, you would make a big difference in the life of someone less fortunate.

Thanks

Last edited:

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
I don't have any wheelchairs, but I'm willing to donate to get another one.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh, I wish you would have known on Wed.! My friends went down yesterday morning..........:sad:

Last edited:
:???: well thank you Ladyjeeper... we will just keep our hopes up... i'm sure we'll find a way to get it here soon...

trade

Leaving Friday for VBS & food distribution if you can get it to 24st & Osborn by Thursday PM we can take it.

Thank you trade, I have sent you a private message with my contact info, or you can send me your number and I will call you... Thank you very much you will make someone very happy...

Thanks to all that read this message and or replied, and special thanks go out to trade... we have worked out arrangements to get the wheelchair down here this weekend... and big thanks to tyler for allowing this message to be seen and problem resolved... THANKS AGAIN tyler

Harrold aka trade is involved with many great community projects down here and if anyone has any spare time to lend a hand while in Rocky Point maybe you could contact him and find out how to volunteer or donate to their cause... I am...

At birth we can't choose the path our lives will take... but as we live our lives we can choose to help make a dfference in what path the life of someone less fortunate than us will take...

Last edited:
P

Penasco Pirate

Going down to help out on a project for Mark this weekend, too. We always bring dental supplies, clothes, shoes toys and such every chance we get also.

Thanks Penasco Pirate... I was meaning to ask you about your "trade" for trade...

when I was living on the other side I went to school for A\C and did commercial electrical as well...

but the closest I have come to doing any of that type of work lately has been changing a light bulb... :idea:

this is kinda overwhelming... thanks to all :sunny: