New boat

R

reelharder

hello all. reelhard here. Well im down in florida. Got my new boat and plan on going out wednesday. The ocean is not looking so good. But the news down here says it is going to improve over the next few days. I would like to go do some nite time sword fishing. It is also the time of year for sailfish. I have not fished down here in 7 years so this should be exciting. I will start heading back to phoenix next week. but not befor i stop in mississippi to do some king fishing and go after some amber jack. then its of to venice louisana to go after some yellow fin tuna. I will post any reports and pics as the trip progresses. scott flies in thursday to make the trip back with me. so he is gonna get one heck of an experiance to east coast fishing.

R

reelharder

Well i took her out today. I drove by the inlet this mourning and it was glass conditions out there. So i went to the marina and dropped the boat in the water. man is she sweet. she rides like a cloud. and is fast. I caught 3 tuna in the first hour. then not a nibble. was gonna try some bottom fishing, but the gear i have is all for grouper in mx. gonna drive to mississippi tomorrow. will pass a bass pro shop on the way so gonna have to stop and get some lighter gear.

R

reelharder

i will post pics soon. just waitn for scott to fly in tomorrow he is my photografer. he is better at down loading pics than me. im not good with computers. only rod and reels
it is a 33 foot center console with twin 225 mercs. has radar and smart chart set up. nice aliminium radar arch. with new bimini top. It is a sweet boat. just need to add a few things to it to bring it up to my liking.
I am selling my old boat if anyone is interested 23 foot walk around cuddy with 200 yamaha. has a brand new powerhead with 2 hours on it. this boat is great for mexico. has a 85 gallon fuel tank with a 170 mile range garmin gps with lots of coordinates and eagle color fish finder. comes with tandem axle trailer.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Awesome Doug!

I'm glad the cat's finally out of the bag... CONGRATS!

Going from a 23 to a 33 footer- what are you gonna do with all that extra room?

How are we gonna decide whose new boat to fish from when we plan a RP trip? We'll be flipping a coin I guess... :)

oh, and I agree:

postpics.jpg

don

Holy Kamoley Boseefus; "That's one heck of a boat!" When does one stop calling it a boat, and start with a yacht or ship? 33 feet, twin 225's, radar, 12 foot beam, a dream!

Seriously, I would love to see it and get photos for new ideas when you arrive in Phx. Hopefully you'll keep it there for a few days before heading south.
Don

Last edited:

dmcauley

Calm down people, it's only 11' and knowing Doug it will be in Mexico soon. I only question, when is the sea going to settle so we can start slayig the fish.

ReelHard

grouper slayer
its only 10foot 8 wide. it is now in my driveway. made it home today.
Scott and i fished a few days in mississippi and managed to limit out on kingfish and red snapper. caught a few nice ones in the 35 lbs range. we ran long distances upwards of 70 miles off shore. Let me tell you even in a 33 foot boat in 5 to 7 foot seas that is no fun. but we made the best of it .
wish we could of stayed longer but the weather was actually getting worse. so we came home. the boat will be in my drive way for about a week and a half. im kind of worried about the hoa.

RIC

Congratulations Doug! I can't think of a better first trip on your new boat than a cross country-multi state fishing trip. I am a little disappointed though.......I thought for sure you would tow it from Missisipi right to Rocky Point and launch. I am surprised that boat even saw your home in Arizona. Maybe you are getting soft in your old age:lol:

Ric

www.RICSROCKYPOINTFISHING.COM

ReelHard

grouper slayer
ha ha. did think about it but the weather did not look any better in r.p.. had to do a few minor add on's. and repair the bimini top. all is good now on that. having a custom live well maid for the boat. should be done on wednesday. then will be rockypoint bound. Let me know if your down for the trip if you can pull yourself away from work. or you might be getting soft in your old age if you turn it down.

Doug