New Crossing Structure

Roberto

There is a HUGE fabric covered structure covering the three lanes betwen the inbound inspction stations and the chain link fence at the shopping area. It's gott be over 100 feet in length and at least 25 or 30 ft tall. It was unoccupied yesterday except for some construction equipment but I bet it will house the outbound inspection lanes soon. It will free up the one inbound inspection lane recently used for outbound traffic and provide two or three lanes for outbound inspections. Should speed things up a bit coming into Mexico.

Last weekend I spoke to the customs official - he said they will be able to use it for out kind and as backup for busy inbound weekends as well adding additional lanes - I just hope they have the personnel to man it.

Roberto

Post a pic
I tried to photgraph it but 3 ICE guys rushed me and threatened jail time. National Security. If the illegals saw it they would figure out how to avoid it. Particularly concerned about Al Quida driving vehicles backwards through the exit lane to fool the inspectors during slow times. They have developed special vehicles with the bodies reversed on the chassis and a dummy driver sitting in what appears to be the drivers seat while the vehicle is computer controlled remotely. Each vehicle is equipped to generate smoke as from a worn engine to further confuse things. All the while a sound system repeats Aiii Carramba, over and over while the vehicle bucks and jolts, just to add authenticity.

GV Jack

Snorin God
That's pretty funny Roberto, but I actually had a dog that would sneak backwards into the dining room during dinner.

Old Archie figured if he couldn't see us, we couldn't see him. Oh crap, I just GV Jacked a thread.

Kenny

That's pretty funny Roberto, but I actually had a dog that would sneak backwards into the dining room during dinner.

Old Archie figured if he couldn't see us, we couldn't see him. Oh crap, I just GV Jacked a thread.
That reminds me..I grew up with a boxer/Doberman, black and tan, with two tan spots on her butt with a cropped tail. One of my parents friends had brought over their little kid and he had squatted down to look closely at our dog snoopers butt as she was curled up up sleeping. He finally looked over to his parents and said "look, no eyes!".

Blame it on Jack.

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I asked the guy what it was last week and he said without a smile but hilariously...."just something new for us to look at" I laughed out loud. I said it looks like a great place to have a free border concert, he smiled and told me to be on my way. Oh the fun you can have at the border.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Some of them do have a sense of humor. I asked one once if this is all there was to Lukeville and he said with a straight face,

"Sir, this is the new Scottsdale." Now I though that was funny.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
We could have a big concert there with Mexican American performers and call it "BorderFest" I am going to trademark that name!

The info on that link shows the Boomer Fest was scheduled for May 1-5, 2013. The website has not been put online other than a page showing it is coming soon. Less than 8 weeks to the 9/27 weekend. Very optimistic attendance projected for the event 50-70,000 people. How is the concert site coming along, last time I was down in June, only some beach scraping was happening. How does anyone buy tickets for this event, I did a search with 0 places to buy tickets. Hummm. Not that I would want to attend.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
rumor has it that they pushed it out to June of 2014 (again). At this point they are going to have more issues with engine search results showing these posts when someone looks up 'boomerfest'