new here Hello :-)

How does the proof of insurance work ? Lets say I contact this Rosey on her website. I just pay with visa and she mails me some kind of card ? Can I pre select the dates its good for ? I was thinking a 2 week period would cover me on this first trip. It would be nice to have the insurance all taken care of before I leave home as thats one less thing to worry about :)

Tomcat :)
Hi Tomcat! Kudos...you just got here and already you're a hit. I have no doubt you'll do just fine. As for your insurance, not to worry. If you buy it online, you pay with your debit/credit card and immediately just print out your policy. If you opt to call the office and let Paty issue the policy, she'll ask me to send you a PayPal bill for payment. That could cost a couple of dollars more because of the PayPal fees, but it's just as convenient for us. U.S:602.773.1031 is the number to call Paty and you can always reach me at 602.512.1601. I'm available 24/7 if you get in a bind while here, so that's one more worry off your shoulders. When you come down, stop by the office and (if you aren't a tee-totaler) we'll go downstairs and have a shot of tequila at Manny's. If you are a tee-totaler, then I'll spring for a nice cold bottle of water!

Looking forward to meeting you...

T

Tomcat

Thanks Rosy,

I will get online soon and buy my insurance from your website. Your post just made me think ! Communications in Rocky Point.... Let me ask you as I bet you know. I have a quad band unlocked GSM cell phone that I have been able to use anywhere in the world by just buying a sim card for that area and buy some pay as you go minutes. What company sim card would be available in rocky point for my basic cell phone needs ? Where could I just stop by and buy the sim card there ?

Tee-totaler ? Water or [FONT=&quot]tequila ? well I guess I am both ! I tend to not drink in the day time but when my day is done I been known to have a few shots. Cheers !!!!

From what I have read on this forum your held in high regard by many here. It will be my pleasure to meet you ! I will buy the second drink then ok deal ? :)

Tomcat
[/FONT]

Thanks Rosy,

I will get online soon and buy my insurance from your website. Your post just made me think ! Communications in Rocky Point.... Let me ask you as I bet you know. I have a quad band unlocked GSM cell phone that I have been able to use anywhere in the world by just buying a sim card for that area and buy some pay as you go minutes. What company sim card would be available in rocky point for my basic cell phone needs ? Where could I just stop by and buy the sim card there ?

Tee-totaler ? Water or [FONT=&quot]tequila ? well I guess I am both ! I tend to not drink in the day time but when my day is done I been known to have a few shots. Cheers !!!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]From what I have read on this forum your held in high regard by many here. It will be my pleasure to meet you ! I will buy the second drink then ok deal ? :) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tomcat[/FONT]
Sure, you can pay for the second shot at the Tequila Factory...(alright you guys, don't tell him the shots are free...) You can get the SIM card at the TelCel store and buy pay-as-you-go minutes. Once you get here, you'll see how easily you'll find your way around.

Tom - If you are adventurous and have the time, you will enjoy exploring further south of the border. Guaymas and San Carlos are not that far away, and the environment changes from dry desert to tropical desert. Mountains come right down to the water. Southern Sonora is greener, and Alamos is a great historic side trip to a colonial development.

Liability insurance is required to drive in Mexico. You can buy a liability policy on your drivers license that covers you for anything that you drive. It makes more sense than having to buy liability insurance for each vehicle that you own, since you can only drive one vehicle at a time. You can also buy comprehensive insurance to cover damage and loss to your vehicle. ADA VIS GLOBAL offers insurance on line at their website WWW. mexicoinsurance dot com. Insurance on your drivers license, including Legal Aid Assistance (highly recommended) costs $82.99 for one year. You can also contact ADA at 800-909-4457. You can pay with a credit card, and they will immediately email you your policy that you can print out. You will also receive your policy in the mail a few days later.

There are various insurance options available to you, so I recommend shopping around. Be sure to understand what Mexican law requires, and know what you buy. In any case, do not drive in Mexico without liability insurance. Compared to what insurance costs in the US, it's quite inexpensive.

AZ ROB

Tom just a side note here I have noticed almost all policies are the same price so all things being equal I do business with friends. I have heard tell that if somthing happens Rosie has your back...

The San Juan Islands............spent a couple of summer vacations on Orcas Island. You're really taking me back!!!! But don't get the wrong impression about RP.......the beauty of it is much different than the beauty of the Oregon coast. The coolest thing to me is that you're on the Sea of Cortez, also referred to as "The World's Aquarium".......doesn't get much better than that!!!!!

T

Tomcat

Rosy: Free Tequila !!! No wonder so many people love Rocky Point LOL .... :) Tecel store for simcard Thanks.

Smilin Jake: Thanks for the information. I would love to travel farther south but for my first trip I think I will stick to rocky point and hang out in the tourist area's. I have traveled to what some say are dangerous areas before in other countries and found its best to have a good friend that knows the area travel with me. I don't speak Spanish (yet)

Beachgirl: Yes talking about San Juan islands take's me back also. A good friend of mine in Seattle has parents that live in Friday Harbor. We would visit there often and take there boat out and fish for salmon. I am starting to see a trend here. I am seeing how much you folks love rocky point and I must say thank you very much for sharing with me the information I need to travel there soon. I look forward to meeting some of you folks soon :)

The new guy
TomCat

Tom - The tourist areas can be the most dangerous! Just like bank robbers go to the banks because that's where the money is, tourist areas are where the money is! You cheat yourself if you confine your activities only to the tourist areas. Enjoy all of Penasco. Check out the downtown area where most of the locals shop. Most of the locals are friendly and trustworthy. Many speak some English. Approach them in a friendly manner, and try your best at any Spanish that you know. You will be appreciated and respected for your efforts. Practice on the vendors. Perhaps, you will find a local who will enjoy spending time with you "showing you the ropes". Your friendliness and self confidence will be reflected in kind. If it isn't, don't change your attitude, just find someone else to share it with.

AZ ROB

Tom just remember if you go to the Shark bite for Breakfeast You will probably leave just in time to catch lunch at the Thirsty Parrot but if you do that you may not leave untill it is time for dinner and drinks over at the Boo Bar. And that is how to spend the day at the Malecon....