New Public Beach "Mi Playa" is OPEN!

We were at mission beach and there was litter on the boardwalk & beach. Granted they do have workers that do come and clean. Driving thru northern cali we were shocked at how much crap were on the freeways. Now oregon & washington are cleaner...Just in general watching the "younger" generation they dont seem to clean up after themselves...seems more of a "someone else" will do it for me...

Too bad the city couldnt hire out people to clean beaches...like the ones they have sweeping sand off the roads at sandy beach..

Kenny

Driving thru northern cali we were shocked at how much crap were on the freeways. Now oregon & washington are cleaner
As soon as you cross into Cali on I-10 at Blythe, there is not only a noticeable difference in the lack of upkeep along the freeway, but there's a 50 cent hike in gas as well. I tell my Cali friends that the road I take down to Rocky Point is cleaner than their freeway, and I'm right... Cali is broke, so they just don't have the money to keep up their highways like before.

P.S. and remember, those darn liberals up in Oregon instituted a "bottle law" way back in the 70's.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
.......make Puerto Penasco far from a Resort destination for Cruise lines. The road south stinks, the trash dump is not covered and winds make this area a sad sight. Not a first class tourist destination........
Wahoo, Penasco is very far from a first class tourist destination, it is working its way into it however still a few years to get there, still need to have the marina, cruise port, closer airport or at least decent transportation from and back to the existing airport, first lets get the flights in......

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Just about an hour ago I saw the cleaning machine come by the beach in Sandy Beach and did it again he drove in and in his way out he drove back on top of the same tracks he made coming in, seems like the only thing they clean is the seaweeds in the tide line and nothing else, so that could be the orders he/she was given.
Like I have said before and now many of you are saying it, all it takes is education for the people to do what is best for them, ignorance is bliss if you are surounded by nothing and nobody!! IMHO

Eduardo....it may not pick up all of the garbage, but I'm sure the seaweed has trapped a lot of what was on the beach overnight.....it's better than nothing!

Recalling my first trip down to Penasco back in the early 1980's, I was struck by the amount of garbage that was on the sides of the road...even with the little traffic that you saw driving down.....I've always wondered if it was an educational or cultural phenomenom????

Which part of sandy beach was he cleaning. Our developement ( las palmas ) bought one and if it ours, i will let the hoa know this as when we were there last they did the whole beach area which was the whole reason we bought it.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Which part of sandy beach was he cleaning. Our developement ( las palmas ) bought one and if it ours, i will let the hoa know this as when we were there last they did the whole beach area which was the whole reason we bought it.
That could be why he does it that way, at least in front of Princesa, I believe he comes in and out thru the opening on the beach of Casa Blanca condos but not sure 100% however I did notice more tracks at Las Palmas, I thought that service was provided by the municipality for all the beaches as I saw the machine at Mirador beach a while back too.
One thing I did like more in Sandy Beach is that since there are no rocks or as many it does not have as much broken glass as Mirador does, however the amount of trash is more as there are a lot more people there than in Mirador.
Joe, I do not believe that being inconsiderate/disrespectful is cultural, those seem to be more of an educational value, mannerism start at home if your household never had it it will be harder for you to have them!

garyd

... it absolutely is Education. I guess you can say someone is lazy if he/she is not able to finish High School.
I say where there is a will there is a way.

Even here in Phoenix, two blocks away is a town called "Guadalupe" that is the same.
The "Did not complete High School rate is 56.2%" and the neighborhood has trash all over the roads and homes?
You do not see that in locations where High school completion rates are~ 3% with visual trash like that.
It is education which brings ones ability to see consequences of owns actions in the future vs living in the present and blind or caring about tomorrow.

I wonder what the High school completed (Equivalency) rate is in Rocky Point. Sea Dweller?
Is it really a question how many grades one had in school or is it educating people at all levels that throwing trash out your car window is wrong? I saw a guy dumping his trash in the raging river in Sonoyta last week and I am sure in his mind it was gone. Either he did not care or was not aware it now became someone elses problem. Is there a High School class on trash recycling?

MIRAMAR

In Tucson at a grocery store last month my husband almost got in a fight when he asked someone who just dumped his trash on the ground to put it in the garbage can! It's not just in Mexico although it probably occurs more down there from what every one says about Mi Playa.

jerry

In Tucson at a grocery store last month my husband almost got in a fight when he asked someone who just dumped his trash on the ground to put it in the garbage can! It's not just in Mexico although it probably occurs more down there from what every one says about Mi Playa.
We were in front of a North side market one hot summer day and a guy walking his great Dane while on the cell phone didn't notice it took a giant dump behind him (or was pretending not to notice) he starts walking away and my ex B-ball player buddy....bigger jerk than me) says hey Sir ...the guy walks back and to avoid the coming fight i ask the owner what time it is at the perfect moment...looks at his watch andsteps in the giant pile of crap while looking at the watch....still makes me happy to think about it

Roberto

When the town I lived in in New Mexico had only 2 police vehicles, I destroyed them all with one complaint about littering. At the entry to the area is an S curve that crosses the main irrigation canal. Coming into town one day thruogh the curve I came across a vehicle pulled to the side of the road and someone throwing out a large quantity of styrofoam trash. I stopped and blew my horn and they took off. As I entered town I spotted one of the town's finest parked along the road, I stopped and told him about the trash and that I had the license number and description of the vehicle and would testify if he caught them. Well, the opportunity for some excitement did not have to be offered twice. He hit the lights and siren and took off with a cloud of dust in a decrepit state police hand me down patrol car. I drove on to my office on the main road and after a bit the second patrol car roared by, lights and siren. After about 5 minutes or so the ambulance roared by, lights and siren. Although they never apprehended the litterer, both of the pursuit vehicles slid off the road and were later declared totaled. I never heard the end of that. Whoops!

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl
My husband got out of our van yesterday at a stoplight in Phoenix and picked up the trash in the street that the person in front of us had just thrown out his car window. The light changed and I wagged my finger at that idiot as he drove away. Some litterbugs will never change no matter where they live or how much they know.
:deadhorse:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
... it absolutely is Education. I guess you can say someone is lazy if he/she is not able to finish High School.
I say where there is a will there is a way......
When I meant Lack of education I was not refering to reguler schooling, schools in general are there to give the student a general knowledge education, math, science, literature, etc. the education I am refereing to is the moral and ethics you recieve at home from your parents/family, you can be consider extremely lucky if you get those two subject in a school now a days!!
I personally know a couple non high school graduates that have made an excelent carrier for themselves and have a very well manner families, one drop off school at the age of 10 and had to work in the ranch very hard and learn what mom and pop and life taught him, no books!!! well, he does read a lot for a non educated/school person!!