New storm may have an impact next week!

jerry

image.jpg Ups took the bridge.......we used a Lewis Winch to pull him out....but this would be cool to own

Roberto

You could make them out of half wheels and permanently mount them to an off road rig. I've actually thought about that when stuck !!

Landshark

This morning they showed the projected path going up the middle of the peninsula & taking a right turn straight at RP.

Hurricane Odile is tracking much the same as Hurricane Nora did in 1997, and being a Cat 3-4 hurricane there could be some widespread damage
just as Nora did, also a Cat. 4 storm.
I went down 4 days after Nora hit and much of the area around Blvd. Samuel Ocana was leveled, in Cholla Bay a lot of roofs were hanging in the
newly installed power lines, Cholla Rd. was impassible for 3 days.
I had to replace the roof on my Cholla house since much of the rolled roofing material was peeled away.

Hopefully this is only a tropical depression by the time it hits and just provides a nice rain soaking to cool down the hot temps.

Hopefully this is only a tropical depression by the time it hits and just provides a nice rain soaking to cool down the hot temps.
That's what is projected at this point -- it will have diminished to a tropical depression. (I remember when Nora hit -- the front windows almost gave way.)

MIRAMAR

I think our house can weather it- I'm just worried about the people in the cardboard houses. I'm happy about the rain, but hope all the locals are OK.

Reactions: Kea

Roberto

Wondering if Penasco is anywhere prepared for such a storm. Do the condos have a designated area for occupants saftey in such an occurance? Have the staff been trained as to where it is and what to do? Is the designated saftey area actually safe as some in Cabo apparently failed. All that exposed glass on the beach front is scarey in a high wind. Will the Malecon hold out or will it be destroyed as from the last big storm?

The human loss might be great in the neighborhoods with such fierce high winds. Where are these people to shelter? The monetary loss in the condos could be monumental. How many years before insurance pays off and repairs are made? Now I'm scarin myself. Hope the storm looses some virility and or heads out to sea but at least one predicted path is right over Penasco.

azdiva

It's not threat of wind...But Torrential Rainfall which means widespread flooding and impassible roads and no power.
fill the bathtubs and every bottle to flush toilets and have plenty of drinking water on hand. Be Safe at most

I think our house can weather it- I'm just worried about the people in the cardboard houses. I'm happy about the rain, but hope all the locals are OK.
I have been in Miramar (last year) when the river up north ran so heavily that no one could get in or out of Miramar for several days.