Newby Looking to Fish Sandy Beach - Needs Expert Advice

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Don't mind Mexico Joe ...
Really. He would have had it mounted as a trophy! :rofl:

The IMPORTANT thing is that you were out fishing and introducing your young son to the wonders of the sea, as well!!

Congrats!

DaveMcG

Hey guys, sorry just got home today.

Silver kastmasters is all I had time to try and they worked just fine for surf fishing in the morning. My wife was able to catch a couple corvina and I was able to snag a sea bass, ahem sorry, spotted bay bass. No mas fishing after the spotted bay bass catch, however it did make for some tasty filets on our grill.

Side note: our vacation stay was extended 1 more day due to some nasty food poisoning me and my wife got from a sports bar called "Bryans" we are still recoverig right now. will post more details under the restaurant section on this forum. But do NOT eat their pepperoni pizza!!! LINK IS HERE: http://www.rockypointtalk.com/thread8012.html

Thank you for all your tips everyone! Much appreciated for sure!

Last edited:

DaveMcG

ps: This forum post has some really great basic tips on how to fish the shores on sandy beach. In order to keep this forum from duplicate posts like this it would be nice to make this a "sticky" post since Im sure other newbies might be looking for the same info for their visits.

jerry

Well Known Member
ps: This forum post has some really great basic tips on how to fish the shores on sandy beach. In order to keep this forum from duplicate posts like this it would be nice to make this a "sticky" post since Im sure other newbies might be looking for the same info for their visits.
Dave that is not how we roll....a new guy asks if he needs a passport,can bring 9999 dollars down,10 cases of beer,huge amounts of dog food and steaks,wonders if fireworks and atv's are legal at Los Conchas and his questions are answered with very little grief......well that depends on the moon and tides

DaveMcG

No worries just thought it would be a little bit easier for newbies to find information a little quicker, thanks jerry!

azfish

Well Known Member
Hey guys, sorry just got home today.

Silver kastmasters is all I had time to try and they worked just fine for surf fishing in the morning. My wife was able to catch a couple corvina and I was able to snag a sea bass, ahem sorry, spotted bay bass. No mas fishing after the spotted bay bass catch, however it did make for some tasty filets on our grill.

Side note: our vacation stay was extended 1 more day due to some nasty food poisoning me and my wife got from a sports bar called "Bryans" we are still recoverig right now. will post more details under the restaurant section on this forum. But do NOT eat their pepperoni pizza!!! LINK IS HERE: http://www.rockypointtalk.com/thread8012.html

Thank you for all your tips everyone! Much appreciated for sure!
When in Mexico, eat Mexican food.