Nice tunnel

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Obviously I get a kick out of them but their hatred of Mexico is depressing
They don't "hate" Mexico, Jerry. Anymore than you or I do. They have issues with illegal immigration, cartel violence, the drugs flowing over the border, just as many Americans do, even folks that love Mexico.

You and I and many here see it differently because we've lived it for so many years. But when the average Joe sees the news of State Dept. warnings not to travel to Cancun (today) because of 8 gruesome murders this week, what exactly are they supposed to think? Meanwhile, in Chicago, they'd love to see a weekend with only 8 shootings! And that goes largely ignored.

Go figure.

jerry

Well Known Member
Armed,bubble living,sexists,racists with wuss tendencies

Last edited:

TICO-T

Well Known Member
They don't "hate" Mexico, Jerry. Anymore than you or I do. They have issues with illegal immigration, cartel violence, the drugs flowing over the border, just as many Americans do, even folks that love Mexico.

You and I and many here see it differently because we've lived it for so many years. But when the average Joe sees the news of State Dept. warnings not to travel to Cancun (today) because of 8 gruesome murders this week, what exactly are they supposed to think? Meanwhile, in Chicago, they'd love to see a weekend with only 8 shootings! And that goes largely ignored.

Go figure.
Read the Chicago Sun Times on line. NoNo the shootings in Chicago are not ignored. Also Cancun shootings have NOTHING to do with Rocky Point.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Read the Chicago Sun Times on line. NoNo the shootings in Chicago are not ignored. Also Cancun shootings have NOTHING to do with Rocky Point.
I think the news outlets treat everything by locale. In Ohio, Mich. Indiana etc. Bad Chicago news is almost local so it creates a lot of interest.
Same with AZ news, Mexico is our neighbor so bad news from there is treated like local news. (you get more in Tucson news outlets than in Phx.
I was reading the paper from San Diego and the headlines in it are very different than what AZ republic prints.
I believe that political bias weighs into what is printed on 1st 3 pages vs buried in the later pages or not printed at all.