No booze in RP weekend of July 4th!

Damn, I've been going through the TripAdviser forums, and I’ve seen several stories from those who've been to tourist towns in Mexico during elections and had a similar experience, where they were told they could only drink inside their rooms. The hotels could face fines if there was drinking by the pool or the nearby beach.

Frickin' bummer, indeed. These posts were all made by those staying in public hotels and resorts, though.

Las Conchas is lookin' better by the minute!

J

Jamie75

That weekend, we were at Princesa and Bella Sirena. They were not allowing any drinking in public places. We watched security send people away from the pools who were carrying coolers with beer.
Rosy..I feel Palomas has some of the most strict security of all the Sandy Beach Resorts, I wonder how they will be..

I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be high-priced drinks being sold at Las Palomas but that guests will be subject to the same strict rules already mentioned above if they bring their own. I've been trying to get answers but they are being very guarded.

Ugh. OK, so no coolers. Gotcha. I doubt they're going to be checking sports bottles...Still. What a pain. Moving our trip up to leave on Thursday to avoid most of this nonsense.

Oh well...I guess I won't be bar hopping on the weekend...will have to use my own liquor and beer supply!!!

Those sports bottles sound like a great idea....or gatorade/powerade...just refill with your coice of "beverage"! They come in all sorts of flavors/colors....

J

Jamie75

That is what we did when visiting the pools. OK for me as I drink mixed yummies, but the hubby wasn't too keen putting beer in a sports bottle! lol

Yeah, those are not very beer-friendly for some reason, that plastic taste reminds me of high school keggers. And warm beer out of a straw, feels like i'm 16 again, hiding beers in the trunk of my car in the summer.

I

iznhour

Will they for sure stop selling Friday at midnight and not before? I am arriving Friday afternoon and I want to make sure I can stop at Super Ley and stock up for the weekend instead of packing in everything we will want to drink for the weekend.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Well it looks like all of the ~~~ WINOS, DRUNKS, & TAIL DRAGGERS ~~~ will saturate PP this weekend ~~~ no thanks I'm staying home, ~~~ last yr. the ~~~ "PIGEON COOPERS" ~~~ were passed out all over town, ~~~ after the ~~~ "TAIL DRAGGING CONTEST" ~~~ :lol: :lol: :lol: ~~~

I

iznhour

Hmm... having trouble following the analogies, but I will be relaxing at my beach front condo in Las Conchas all weekend while enjoying my frosty beverages! Looking forward to a fishing trip and 4 wheeling as well! 3 days...