No Passport

JPK_AZ

What would happen if you cross into Mexico without a passport and attempt to come back in the US border crossing?

Will they really prevent you from coming into the US if you have a Driver License and Birth Certificate?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
What would happen if you cross into Mexico without a passport and attempt to come back in the US border crossing?

Will they really prevent you from coming into the US if you have a Driver License and Birth Certificate?
I spoke to the custom agent at Lukeville about 3 weeks ago to verify the situation, and in his own words " ....as long as you can proof USA citizenship they will let you back IN, it will delay things.."

Although the law requires a passport or a card they are still finding out that they need to let USA citizens back in whether they have Passports them or not, it will take time, maybe a few more months, he also mention: "...but the time is coming where you will need one (passport) no matter what" :eek3:

JUST DO IT ! It is like the Mexican fishing license, You can get away without one but why not just follow the law and avoid any potential problems.

JPK_AZ

Well I am glad I did not pay an extra $60 (or is it $75) to expedite the passport. I got it delivered in under two weeks (11 days)!! :)