Octopus in Cholla Bay

sorry this starts off blurry but it gets better... this little guy was stranded on the exposed sandy bottom of Choya Bay as the tide went out...

Part 1 the rescue 2:09
click this thing--> :pinkie:

after reviving this octopus, I found it a clam shell it could call it's very own...

Part 2 in a clam shell 1:25
click it again----> :pinkie:

thanks for watchin...

Nice Mark, what was that pink thing poking at the octopus? :eek3:
Thanks Inks... That is a highly sophisticated scientific probing tool... (my index finger) :roll:

Terry C, Chuck gracias... I can usually find little female octopi like these in clam shells guarding their eggs, but this is the smallest I've ever found, and it was stranded on the sand...

this little guy was lucky I didn't bring soy sauce and wassabi... but there were a bucket of sweet clams that didn't fair too well... (I'm enjoying some fresh clam chowder right now... yum yum)

Last edited:

cheatka

I was wondering when it was going to ink you on the first video. Too cool, I don't know how you saw it, its soo tiny. Thanks for sharing

I was wondering when it was going to ink you on the first video. Too cool, I don't know how you saw it, its soo tiny. Thanks for sharing
thanks cheatka... I was really surprised myself when I saw this little baby. it was stranded on the sand just waiting to be a meal for some lucky gull or sandpiper...

after I put it in the water it just rolled up in a ball (the beginning of video Part1) for over a minute until I picked it up again and began to shoot the video...

it was so cool to see it start to pump water again and jet through the little tide pool I set it in... it actually inked me twice... and I'm happy to say it was a strong little sucker...