Odds and ends from the South

jerry

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
First of all dinner tonight was from this chunk out of a 30 lb White Sea bass my buddy caught at a new GPS spot 12 miles out.He traded some engine oil for the GPS points.
Drying grapes on the roof to make raisins.
Big blue shrimp caught yesterday by the boys are 15 bucks a kilo.
Other odd stuff: gun battle a few weeks ago at Desemboque started with one gang chasing a stray leader of a z affiliate.He escaped,called his friend who showed up at the abandoned fish camp between Desemboque and Santo Tomas and shot the shit out of the first guys with a mounted machine gun.....2 bodies were dug up by the police yesterday that might be from this fight...what a neighborhood!
Great white news: friends were going to new gps location and witnesses a very large grey and white shark jump out of the water as it chomped down on
Baby seal.

Last edited:

Ed B

Small Potatoes
View attachment 6877 View attachment 6878 View attachment 6879 View attachment 6877
First of all dinner tonight was from this chunk out of a 30 lb White Sea bass my buddy caught at a new GPS spot 12 miles out.He traded some engine oil for the GPS points.
Drying grapes on the roof to make raisins.
Big blue shrimp caught yesterday by the boys are 15 bucks a kilo.
Other odd stuff: gun battle a few weeks ago at Desemboque started with one gang chasing a stray leader of a z affiliate.He escaped,called his friend who showed up at the abandoned fish camp between Desemboque and Santo Tomas and shot the shit out of the first guys with a mounted machine gun.....2 bodies were dug up by the police yesterday that might be from this fight...what a neighborhood!
Great white news: friends were going to new gps location and witnesses a very large grey and white shark jump out of the water as it chomped down on
Baby seal.

Was it the pangeros that saw the shark? And what kind was the 2 footer in the net? I'd like to post about it on my Rocky Point Mexico Fishing Facebook page. Seems like the shark populations are coming back and a lot more are around then we think. 12 miles off Santo Tomas and you're out by the island right?

jerry

I thought Shrimp season was done Jerry, and that you couldn't catch them- mating season.
The artisan fishermen are given a little slack....the marines are on a trawler 2 miles out with a couple launches but if they get some while after something else they don't sieze them...

jerry

Was it the pangeros that saw the shark? And what kind was the 2 footer in the net? I'd like to post about it on my Rocky Point Mexico Fishing Facebook page. Seems like the shark populations are coming back and a lot more are around then we think. 12 miles off Santo Tomas and you're out by the island right?
Ed south of the island maybe 8 miles.The Panga fishermen in Two boats swore it was a huge grey and white shark.A american here heard a big one was caught out of Desemboque this month.I will get more info.Their seem to be a lot of Juvenile sharks around.The guys have a net out tonight if I wake up I will go down and see what they caught .I did ask what they called the little white looking one they caught

jerry

The Rancho after the overpass is selling the large sacks of Oranges (50 lbs?) for seven bucks...thanks to Roberto for finding me this press.It has improved my existence. I overslept and missed the net being pulled in...will look tonight
image.jpg

jerry

Saw this about Lobos water issue. Hard to believe the school has no ac

"One of their main problems was introduced to García Gutiérrez remains the long period it takes for pipes stocked with enough water to meet their most basic needs and asking not to prioritize delivery to families who do not live in that community permanently and q results in the impairment of the delivery to its people and thus often only get 200 liters per family for up to 20 days.

"Sticking with the sensitivity that surely must have and operate in this situation, very respectfully urge the municipal authority through dependence corresponding manner conducive to what is done in the field to the families of this village can expect the vital fluid, the more necessary in this season of heat more efficiently, fairly and equitably. Teaming, give results, "concluded Karina Garcia to the community.

Citizenship requested support for air conditioner or cooler for primary school and currently have none with, which leads to having to take classes to children under a tree outdoors climate of the Sonoran Desert.

"We're talking to the right person, we were right to make the request ..." stated a neighboring community."

MIRAMAR

The artisan fishermen are given a little slack....the marines are on a trawler 2 miles out with a couple launches but if they get some while after something else they don't sieze them...
Jerry- no offense, but you talk about the "rape of the Sea of Cortez" (http://www.rockypointtalk.com/threads/sea-watch.9075/#post-88350), so I'm kinda surprised you would eat blue shrimp in the off season, especially when Sea Watch says blue shrimp from Mexico are one of the shrimp you shouldn't eat:
http://www.seafoodwatch.org/cr/SeafoodWatch/web/sfw_factsheet.aspx?gid=58

I love blue shrimp from Penasco, and yours look delicious, but I'm not an exteme Sea Watch devotee- just saying.

jerry

Like I said just supporting my local boys.......the panga fishermen with local ties are the backbones of the community.The trawlers chinchorro nets kill a thousand times the sea life.

jerry

No, the facts are in dispute.I see the local fishing panga fleets as the best option for the Sea of Cortez.They did not destroy the Mangroves in Puerto Libertad,they did not cut off the water from the Colorado,they don't dredge the Sea from bottom to top with a armada of politically connected trawler gangs. Those polices created by the 1%ers you two love to suck up too have killed the Sea.Picking on the little guys solves nothing.Do you two buy shrimp caught from trawlers? if so you are doing way more harm that me buying directly from locals.

Roberto

While I agree in principle to support the indigenous folk, there have been some reports that the Panga fishermen on the Baja have been the most destructive force on the reefs. Working day and night harvesting tons of various reef dwelling creatures. I have read an opinion that the worst thing that has happened to the sea of Cortez was the introduction of the motorized fiberglas panga. Not the same on the mainland maybe.

jerry

While I agree in principle to support the indigenous folk, there have been some reports that the Panga fishermen on the Baja have been the most destructive force on the reefs. Working day and night harvesting tons of various reef dwelling creatures. I have read an opinion that the worst thing that has happened to the sea of Cortez was the introduction of the motorized fiberglas panga. Not the same on the mainland maybe.
It is a numbers game for sure. the fish camps from Desemboque north to the island just don't have the numbers to be that damaging comepared to the other players

Kenny

It's the tactics used by the Panga fisher in some area's that's a problem. Like diving at night to spear fish that are holed up and the new clear nets they use that encircle whole reefs and clean them.

I don't eat shrimp and don't buy any. I share everyone's concern for the rape of the Sea. I still can't understand how or why Mexico allowed the US to cut off the flow of the Colorado river into the Sea. The environmental impact of that has been horrendous.

mis2810

Jerry - have you ever seen any UFO's down south? We saw something really weird the other night in the sky. Bright orange light that hovered for a really long time then darted away faster than any airplane could. And before the rest of you ask, NO, we weren't drunk!