Odds and ends from the South

jerry

Used to see them alot Melissa, Ithink they are drones flying out of the base at Yuma.Scouting the coast.

courtesy of carnac
I believe Carnac sees all.... the cartels are bringing coke from Panama to off load camps from Libertad to San Jorge..

apricot

Talking about drones....when we were down last month, somebody was flying a small drone out of one of the top floor one bedroom units. We watched it fly around the pool area and the beach and then it went out to check out some of the cruise and banana boats. Seemed like the people around the pool and the beach were unaware of its existence. Its so noisy out there, I'm sure they could not hear it. The humming sound it made is what clued us in. Whoever was flying it knew what they were doing....that thing was under good control. Anyway, on the way back in, the drone was slowly going up the building checking out various units. When it got to our unit, it just hung out there for a while. My guess is because we had our pocket sliding glass doors open and they could see completely into our unit. I went out on the balcony and waved to it and it continued to just hang out about 10 feet off our balcony....really really weird. We contacted our HOA manager, who then contacted security. We were told that the person flying the drone just wanted to get a picture of the building. No way was that the case as it was just a few feet from our balcony.

jerry

Talking about drones....when we were down last month, somebody was flying a small drone out of one of the top floor one bedroom units. We watched it fly around the pool area and the beach and then it went out to check out some of the cruise and banana boats. Seemed like the people around the pool and the beach were unaware of its existence. Its so noisy out there, I'm sure they could not hear it. The humming sound it made is what clued us in. Whoever was flying it knew what they were doing....that thing was under good control. Anyway, on the way back in, the drone was slowly going up the building checking out various units. When it got to our unit, it just hung out there for a while. My guess is because we had our pocket sliding glass doors open and they could see completely into our unit. I went out on the balcony and waved to it and it continued to just hang out about 10 feet off our balcony....really really weird. We contacted our HOA manager, who then contacted security. We were told that the person flying the drone just wanted to get a picture of the building. No way was that the case as it was just a few feet from our balcony.
A well thrown Corona would have been acceptable...