Off the grid living

Old55

Well Known Member
Mariamaria87, if you haven't purchased solar panels or intend to use them, and live in the Phoenix or Tucson area, here is where I have purchased many solar panels in past years, they 100% honest and if you are interested in used or new, they are all checked for power output.. I would skip buying accessories here, there are other places a little cheaper.. but panels cant be beat.. Talk to Jason or Rusty..The solar companies here in penasco buy them here.. dont tell them Corndog sent you they know me by another name..I am not an installer, just a hack... https://santansolar.com/ P.S. dont be afraid to ask you a discount.. they are usually happy too... well maybe not happy, but not mad either.. This kid will teach you everything you need to know about building off grid solar power systems.. his youtube channel, even if you aren't interested in DIY, when you have an off grid solar sytem its yours, you own it and if you dont know how to maintain it, sometimes its a huge problem sometimes finding somebody to come fix it.. so you could be without power for a while.. probably expensive to for something maybe simple or basic.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoj6RxIAQq8kmJme-5dnN0Q His name is Will Prowse..
Great info …thanks, I have a extra lot in Santo Tomas I was going to build on but decided it made no sense for 70 year old me ….one of you guys should buy it and go off grid solar…screw cfe

Kea

Well Known Member
Thank you..I just left the website, they did drop it 1/2 to 1100 pesos..we live rural and have Telcel internet from a cell tower, but they have maxed out customer wise where we are and there are still people that have no internet, also if you dont have residency or are a citizen of Mexico, they wont sell you the service.. so Starlink could help..
If we get StarLink in Sonora, would we be able to use it in our RV when we are parked in the USA?

I know they have plans in the USA where you can roam with it. But, not sure if it would roam into Mexico. It would be nice to have one service that would work in both countries.

corndog

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
If we get StarLink in Sonora, would we be able to use it in our RV when we are parked in the USA?

I know they have plans in the USA where you can roam with it. But, not sure if it would roam into Mexico. It would be nice to have one service that would work in both countries.
Looks like a yes, you can cross borders with Starlink, but the posted article say's $25.00 extra per month.. i assume it's only when you are arcross the border..If you buy it in Mexico, check the price for crossing the border with them.. It might be different. https://www.reviews.org/internet-service/can-satellite-internet-connection-cross-international-borders/

Last edited:

You can use your starlink equipment from the US in Mexico for 60 days and the Mexico starlink equipment in the US for 60 days only

Kea

Well Known Member
Thanks. We spend more than 60 in each country per year. So I guess this isn’t a good option.