Old Port Traffic Report

If you are heading to the Old Port\Malecon area be prepaired to park on the street before the Malecon... the street from Flavios on past the shrimp market is being torn up for renewal of drainage and repaving and is a mess...

V

VacationVanessa

Thanks for the heads up! I take it it will still be a mess this weekend. Won't keep me from heading down there for some fish tacos, I can tell you that!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I was glad I had 4 wheel drive last weekend! Water, sand and mud! The guy on the bulldozer was amazed! Ha Ha, I went 4 wheeling in old port! LOL!

They are getting rid of all the overhead wires and going with underground fiber-optic stuff. After that part is done, there will be a complete renovation of the facades for the buildings in the Malecon. Parking will also be restructured. I won't give details just yet because I expect the details will change several times between now and then.

They are getting rid of all the overhead wires and going with underground fiber-optic stuff. After that part is done, there will be a complete renovation of the facades for the buildings in the Malecon. Parking will also be restructured. I won't give details just yet because I expect the details will change several times between now and then.
Thanks for clearing that up (thought it was drainage) I knew they had wanted to start working on this many months ago...

V

VacationVanessa

Rosie - that sounds like some good work being planned for the future.

Was just there yesterday, the business owners in the area said everything should be finished by Thursday, so don't fear the reaper--er, Malecon!