Old site -- who purchased it

B

Beachbum

Kenny said:
There getting bombarded with spam. :lol: :lol:
Saw that yesterday! Its more like a adult personals forum than a Rocky Point forum right now:p

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Funny -- they deleted all the posts about rockypointtalk, I guess they don't like us stealing their members.

Kenny

tyler said:
Funny -- they deleted all the posts about rockypointtalk, I guess they don't like us stealing their members.
I'm just going to wait a few day's and put us back on. :D

J

jimnichols

Wow! If you feel that way about the other site does that mean that I can advertise my buddy's website here?

Kenny

Ladyjeeper said:
Heck, I wouldn't wait Kenny! Do it now!
No, I'll wait till it settles down over there. Right now there can't be many people on it. Any normal person that has looked :eek: at it in the last few days or longer certainly didn't sign up. :lol:

J

Jamie75

Check out the email we got from SeaSide this week..I don't think they will be getting 9,000 hits anymore that they ruined the message board!!!

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION

Tel: 602 404 2982

E mail: [email protected]

Sea Side Reservations Acquires a True Icon of Rocky Point Tourism.

Sea Side Reservations has acquired the longest continually running website for Rocky Point tourism in an aggressive move to gain a larger market share of rentals for those owners using Sea Side’s services for their property management needs. The web site www.RockyPointonline.com has been commissioned since 1996 by Hotels, Travel Agents, property management competitors and Sea Side Reservations as a source of tourism leads. It was estimated that Sea Side Reservations captured 25% of the reservation leads that this website produced since 2001.

Starting June 1st Sea Side Reservations has redesigned www.rockypointonline.com to only show those properties that Sea Side Reservations represents. Now 100% of the approximately 9,000 website’s monthly visitors will be directed to Sea Side Reservation’s properties.

In addition, the website will be available to owners to promote their personal units. This is a great opportunity to get your individual property out in front of thousands. This opportunity to obtain exposure for your specific home or condo is unmatched in Puerto Penasco.

S

Submarine

I smell desperation. The fastest way to ruin a web resource is to have heavy-handed censorship and close the blinds to competition. What's funny is they don't realize that everyone that kept that site alive has no problem moving to another forum. I get more than 9000 'visitors' a month (and I guarantee theirs are not unique) to my website that I haven't had time to update in over a year.

J

jherbison

You know! Your right! Sea Side doesn't get 9000 unique visitors. When they say 9000 they are being modest! Since June 1, 2008 they have received 19,134 unique visitors, and this is just one site out of the 21 sites Sea Side currently has.

So what do you want to guarantee?

A

azbeachboy

Didn't the Mexican police put out a warrent for the owner last year :?: ? Steve...

S

Submarine

Well there is definitely some manipulation going on since it was down more than half of that period!
Nice graph & stats with nothing to state where that came from.
I don't doubt the main page got that, but the forum certainly didn't.
Even so, I'm not impressed. I had over 40,000 unique visits the first month I put topless pictures of Tahitian girls on my Photopoint page, and that was in 2001.

Less than 1800 views of 29 posts.... but 19,000 unique visitors? Okaaaay.
I wouldn't be buying advertising on anything Seaside does that's for sure!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Looks like they deleted all the new references to this site again that had only been up for two days.

Get the popcorn! :mrgreen:

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
jherbison said:
You know! Your right! Sea Side doesn't get 9000 unique visitors. When they say 9000 they are being modest! Since June 1, 2008 they have received 19,134 unique visitors, and this is just one site out of the 21 sites Sea Side currently has.

So what do you want to guarantee?
:lol: :lol: Hi Rocky Point Online Admin. Welcome to the forum.

J

jherbison

Thanks Tyler!

Submarine, I didn't say the forum got that many visits.. Based upon the stats 72% of the people that visit that site don't visit the forum! The forum is just for frequent visitors of Rocky Point to talk.

As far as a mexican warrant for Steve, that isn't true! If someone has told you that, ask them what it would be for.

S

Submarine

Well we were talking about the forum there JHerbison. No one here cares about the main site and I, like most of us, just bookmarked the forum.

We're really irritated because all of our posts are gone and there was a lot of good information there. This group was that forum as you can see from the lack of traffic now. Maybe that's the goal over there at Seaside but it's not making any friends here. Funny because I always used to recommend either Seaside, Oceano, or Fiesta Beach Travel for renters but that list is narrowing rapidly.

The best kind of discourse is open discourse, positive or negative. The way it looks now, Seaside is trying some heavy handed censorship. That doesn't help your company's image at all. Tyler didn't start this forum to bash Seaside, but to fill a void. There is a lot of repeat customers to Rocky Point here and we're in it for the long haul. Not a good group to alienate or antagonize.

J

jherbison

We have a lady working on the forum, and she may have deleted important post when she was trying to get rid of the spam. We are working on a new forum, but the one up now was a quick fix due to the forum being lost when we transfered the site.

I also emailed Tyler and told him that I would be happy to put a link on our forum to this forum if he asked, but we have deleted them when people don't ask. Those are the only posts deleted intentionally that weren't spam.