In case you were wondering who the new owner of the "old" site is:

Schwab, Steve
Rocky Rentals
P.O. Box 560 PMB 21
Lukeville, Arizona 85341
United States

S

Submarine

Well I think you can expect a lot more censorship on anything negative about Rocky Point thats for sure.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Well, there goes the neighborhood. I had suspicion all along that it was Seaside. Is that not Steve Schwab's outfit? Realistically, the amount of money for that site was ridiculous. Wonder how the hit count is now that forum is dead?

geeesh... I've got some domains like RockyPointInfo.com SonoranSeaside.com and a few more they may be interested in buying, if they're in a spending mood...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Stuart,
The forum is back up but you have to reregister. I registered over there only to help old members find the new forum by recognizing my name if they registered and looked. If you registered, we'd get more. Everybody knows who you are! Just an idea.
Chari

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Terry,
It's the same website as before, rockypointonline.com

You click on let's explore rocky point, then click on the forum. You have to reregister as they took the old forum down.

The new forum is a lot different-lots of categories for all the new condo developments. There are also places for rocky point stories, restaurants and things to do.

Hope this helps.

Chari

Kelney

Yea it pretty much blows. The only topic is Rocky Point Stories? What self respecting Rocky Point forum would not have a fishing section!

Hey Happy, I think you could have some fun over there.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Roberto said:
Stuart said:
Well, there goes the neighborhood. I had suspicion all along that it was Seaside. Is that not Steve Schwab's outfit? Realistically, the amount of money for that site was ridiculous. Wonder how the hit count is now that forum is dead?
Stuart, how much did you hear in dollars for that site?
$30,000 USD

I was interested in buying it, but that was too rich for my poor fisherman's wallet.

Just looked at the new forum - LET'S JUST ADVERTISE ALL THE PROPERTIES WE RENT AND GIVE EACH ONE ITS OWN FORUM!! YEAH, THAT'S THE TICKET!

Doggie-poo-poo. So much history and information about Rocky Point flushed right down the toilet! What a shame.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Stuart said:
Roberto said:
Stuart said:
Stuart, how much did you hear in dollars for that site?
$30,000 USD

I was interested in buying it, but that was too rich for my poor fisherman's wallet.

Just looked at the new forum - LET'S JUST ADVERTISE ALL THE PROPERTIES WE RENT AND GIVE EACH ONE ITS OWN FORUM!! YEAH, THAT'S THE TICKET!

Doggie-poo-poo. So much history and information about Rocky Point flushed right down the toilet! What a shame.
Well, hopefully our forum will keep it somewhat from flushing.

B

BeachMom

Last I heard it was $25,000. Regardless $25,000 or $30,000 asking price.... Personally, I find it hard to believe anyone would have paid the asking price for a...a...a.... forum! LOL :lol: That's basically all that site ended up being in the end. All the links were bad, and information that was there was totally outdated. :roll:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yea, I was very surprised! It looks like he bought it just for the forum so each of his properties could have their own place for their "birds" to roost. :p :mrgreen: :lol:
Sorry, I just could NOT resist! I'll try to behave, honest! :roll:

F

FIESTAFROG

I cant even get to the old site. is it a different link now?

J

jimnichols

I guess if I read the entire thread I would probably answer my own question, but what "Old site" are you talking about?

I looked at joshuaherbison.com. Looks like he has created a lot of websites for Sea Side Reservations.

We stayed with Sea Side, but I didn't realize that they had so many sites.

The site we used was Rockypointexperts.com, and spoke with a guy named Shea. He was really friendly. I didn't know they offered beach homes.

Thanks for the info!

Jimmy N