OMG The Wind.

We have been here for over 24 hours and the wind has just been crazy. More or less to windy to fish. :(

Got a lot of bites. More than the ammount of rigs lost but no hook ups.

Tomorrow is another day, keep your fingers crossed.

Man I hope so. Lol. I had very high hopes for this trip.
If it stays pretty windy tomorrow I am going to hit the estuaries north of Cholla. Hopefully with the sandy bottom I wont be spending all my time re rigging hehe.

Estero

Man I hope so. Lol. I had very high hopes for this trip.
If it stays pretty windy tomorrow I am going to hit the estuaries north of Cholla. Hopefully with the sandy bottom I wont be spending all my time re rigging hehe.
Better off going to La Pinta when the wind is blowing in April. North of Cholla is too exposed. Just head towards the Mayan Palace and a few miles past will be a gate with a house, turn off there and they will open the gate and then straight towards the estuary.

Better off going to La Pinta when the wind is blowing in April. North of Cholla is too exposed. Just head towards the Mayan Palace and a few miles past will be a gate with a house, turn off there and they will open the gate and then straight towards the estuary.
You can also go to the Mayan road, drive past the hotel ,veer left towards golf course and again at golf course maintenance building towards estuary. You will be driving along it on your left. Go to end of road and your at the mouth of the estuary. Great fishing .

Roberto

You can also go to the Mayan road, drive past the hotel ,veer left towards golf course and again at golf course maintenance building towards estuary. You will be driving along it on your left. Go to end of road and your at the mouth of the estuary. Great fishing .
You might get stopped by security at the Mayan. Just sayin, why waste a trip when La Pinta is so close.

Did not fish today. Wasted a good amount of time waiting for people to eat breakfast and so on. Went to pirate mermaid and bought a little table. Met Mexicoruss. Went exploring. Tomorrow I am going to try again. Ty all for all your input and suggestions.
It will be great info for anyone searching these forums for fishing info.
You guys are great.

FINALLY, SUCCESS! Sunday, end of Sandy beach right where the reef/rocks begin to go towards Bone beach. High tide and the wind was perfect. Nice casts into sandy wash areas and BOOM.
Caught a nice Pargo, then a nice sized trigger, broke the hook taking it out and sent my second line out. While trying to set up another hook ... fish on.
Caught 5 more fish before I could get the second line back out.
Threw back 5 more smaller triggers, and 3 smaller sand bass. Kept 2 for bait but ended up keeping 3 large triggers and the pargo for dinner.
Filleted and fried Trigger for sweet and sour, whole fried the Pargo and served with Veggie stir fried Noodle. Was awesome. Invited Steve over and had a great meal and conversation with him. Lucky he had some rice wine vinegar... forgot mine at home lol.
Thank you all for your tips and support.

Yeah the first time I caught trigger was on a ponga with lets say, used gear lol. And they were tough but I thought half the fight was the gear. But with my decent to nice gear I could really tell. Man they are fun.
The Pargo definatley felt different but was a lot of fun and just gorgeous when it came out.
I was so happy, it really made the trip. I had wanted to cook some fish that was fresh as fresh can get.

Roberto

According to the palm trees it's pretty windy. Surf is up, white caps off in the sea, bring your board. Blowing stiff out of the east this morning.

GV Jack

Snorin God
I'm glad I didn't go fishing today. There would have been a great deal of chumming going on.

The wind is up and it isn't a warm one and the sea ic churnning pretty stoutly. Off to the bars is a much
better plan.