Package and Grocery Service

El Gato

How will the grocery service work? Sounds like a great idea for those of us who can find any reason for not leaving Penasco - either the day is too beautiful (almost all the time) or it isn't a great day so who wants to travel (doesn't happen often) or just so lazy that the thought of traveling hours round trip to the grocery store isn't an enticement for anything they might have :)

jerry

I saw your van at trader Joes last month but couldn't find you in the store. Just a trader Joes delivery list would be cool!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
The chicken at Krispy's down there is better..............Would you like me to bring you some or it just isn't same fresh and hot?

jerry

From Wiki
"In 1983, writer William Poundstone examined the recipe in his book Big Secrets. He reviewed Sanders' patent application, and advertised in college newspapers for present or former employees willing to share their knowledge.[SUP][16][/SUP] From the former he deduced that Sanders had diverged from other common fried-chicken recipes by varying the amount of oil used with the amount of chicken being cooked, and starting the cooking at a higher temperature (about 400 °F (200 °C)) for the first minute or so and then lowering it to 250 °F (120 °C) for the remainder of the cooking time. Several of Poundstone's contacts also provided samples of the seasoning mix, and a food lab found that it consisted solely of sugar, flour, salt, black pepper and monosodium glutamate (MSG). He concluded that it was entirely possible that, in the years since Sanders sold the chain, later owners had begun skimping on the recipe to save costs.[SUP][17][/SUP][SUP][18][/SUP][SUP][19][/SUP] Following his buyout in 1964, Colonel Sanders himself expressed anger at such changes, saying:

That friggin' ... outfit .... They prostituted every goddamn thing I had. I had the greatest gravy in the world and those sons of bitches-- they dragged it out and extended it and watered it down that I'm so goddamn mad![SUP][18][/SUP][SUP][19][/SUP]

Pinky

I just wanted to say the Rocky Point Rides delivered a package to me last week and I thought the fees were very reasonable. They also encouraged me to register for this forum and to contribute to the various discussions.