Pay To Play On Competition Hill.

playaperro

El Pirata

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Back in like 03 or 04 I had my motorcycle down there with me for Spring Break and it was the same deal. Everyone was getting forced through a little opening and charged like $2 bucks. Pretty lame but whatever......

Roberto

http://www.numerounoonline.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7053:semana-santa-botin-de-vivales&catid=42:puerto-penasco&Itemid=109
I was not down this week but read the comments were this thug fenced off the hill and was charging 100 pesos to gain access to buggy around, I know that most vecinos of Cholla have toys and play there along with the many visitors that frequent the hill. I guess he picked a good weekend to pull this off. Your thoughts anyone..:ham:
If it is in fact private property the players are trespassing, like it or not. Was the 'thug' an owner or representative of one?

Last edited:
The Brown's have had it fenced off in the past, they used to only have someone manning the entrance on busy weekends. As far as I know SBR or Gus Brown still has ownership of the areas around the hill.
I didn't like it when I rode the hill a lot, but the last time I had to pay, it was $1 or 2.

R

ruredifredi

Yes. they were charging to play on Competition Hill, We were there and charged us $5.00 USD. Does anyone know what happened with the burning boat? Easter morning.

Bob Oso

We visit the hill frequently when in Cholla. For the most part there's nobody there to collect, except for Sundays when the local jeep or hot rod club is having an hill climb event. Weather the proceeds go to the club or to Brown is anyones guess, and like most things in Mexico the fee is negotiable.

gyarbs

It's bs, it could be anyone, do you really think they are going to have any sort of documentation to prove they have authority to charge? Rather than charging more for drinks, clothes, food, etc.....Someone had better work on the PR issue or they can charge all they want and nobody will be around to pay for anything. RP has been a ghost town for the past two yrs and it sucks.

Terry C

Back in our sand rail days in the mid 70's they did it too. Fenced it off. But, you got a free shower at the Reef if you paid.

Trying to understand this article, a lot of it focuses on access for official emergency vehicles. Are they saying that he got in the way of ambulances that were trying to assist someone in a rollover?

P

Penasco Pirate

It's just Mexico...a couple bucks is no big deal! I've been 'charged' too, never really bugged me...seams the people who don't like this 'proble' are the ones who aren't coming down anymore. ;)

P

Penasco Pirate

Been busy working... Will be down for Memorial Day. Trying to get passed the Uncle Sam thing, he wants his money and I don't want to give it to him...I'd rather give it to Mexico!!

If you're gonna be down check out my thread on out El Golfo trip! I'd like to buy you a beer or three...

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I've taken my quad all over that hill, what a blast, however never been there when all others are, toooooo dangerous!!!!, I always go when not many people are there and it has been free, so far I paid once back on the ninetys 'cause they had a race there.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I think when Grupo Questro came to RP and started what was going to be called Penasco Bay, they bought the hill also. They are the group that started the Marriott Hotel next to Esmerelda in 2008, on Sandy Beach, thats where all the rusted rebar is sticking out of the ground. www.questrogolf.com My point is who owns it and who is charging to use it are probably two different things.

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
My point is who owns it and who is charging to use it are probably two different things.
Quite true. When I used to frequent La Pinta back in the day, Nacho would come around and collect $5 for using the beach. Hell, I didn't care. It was a bargain to have complete access to such a pristine area. Often, there was somebody in the little shack by the gate that would collect a couple bucks after Nacho was gone. Here's a couple bucks; never gave it a 2nd thought.