Platform at Sandy Beach

Well, I guess it was supposed to be a platform used to collect core samples for the planned dredging out at Sandy Beach across from the the Reef??

Well whatever it was, its turning into a submarine. Water is a bit ruff now and its not titled into the water. Happened a couple of days ago also. They worked on it all day yesterday and had it back up and level. Just began to sink awhile ago.

Attachments

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Its a crazy apparatus 4 long legs that sit on the floor of the ocean, a set of pontoons that lower into the water to move it around and a huge diesel engine that turns the bit. I am not sure how they would anchor it against big waves like we have today so I think once it starts to go over its hard to handle its a crazy thing!

Kenny

Well, I guess it was supposed to be a platform used to collect core samples for the planned dredging out at Sandy Beach across from the the Reef??

Well whatever it was, its turning into a submarine. Water is a bit ruff now and its not titled into the water. Happened a couple of days ago also. They worked on it all day yesterday and had it back up and level. Just began to sink awhile ago.
Wow, look at that right handed break on that wave.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

I was in town yesterday and it looked fine to me, didnt see anybody working on it but that was at 1030am on my way out to Cholla Bay. Water was DEAD FLAT, wasn't a fishing trip... go figure!

Roberto

I was in town yesterday and it looked fine to me, didnt see anybody working on it but that was at 1030am on my way out to Cholla Bay. Water was DEAD FLAT, wasn't a fishing trip... go figure!
I'm sure all the fishes are grateful for a break !!

They towed it away yesterday. It had drifted into a submerged reef. They tried towing it first with a cable and about sunk it again. (lotsa yelling and cursing, pretty good entertainment) Finally lashed it to the side of a good sized boat and hauled it away.

Roberto

Seems to me a lack of understanding about conditions here in the Sea of Cortez. High tides and gets damned rough and blocky, right STuart ?

jerry

Not to worry Jerry, refueling in Guaymas and they will dump the garbage off Santo Thomas !
Sounds good....I am starting a olive oil based "Soap on a recovered from the Sea of Cortez Rope" business and need lots of rope

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Seems to me a lack of understanding about conditions here in the Sea of Cortez. High tides and gets damned rough and blocky, right STuart ?

You would think hugh Roberto? It's almost as if they towed it over there and then the ~~~```Manana```Manana```~~~ phenomenon took over, no work was done and the platform sat there and took an absolute pounding.