Point me in the right direction

Wind saw really bad Monday and I couldn't get out past the shelter of the rocks so I went in and ate a burrito at Xochitl's and then went back out but it just got worse. Here's the pics from the other day. Cholla Bay is my new favorite spot down there. i love the community there too.

Just off shore where the Pongas were. I can fish 30 to 40 feet deep but the bone I caught about 20 feet deep just bouncing a shrimp pattern off the current of the outgoing tide. Mackerel was pretty much on top 6 feet of the column but a fast strip with a 4" chartreuse Clouser.

Last edited:
man i need to get one of those pontoons with a marine trolling motor!
Both my pontoons you can put trolling motors on. The smaller one that my daughter was in was about 450.00 and the Skykomish Sunrise that I was on was 900.00. I like the uboat that I saw someone on Saturday. It had 2 people in it and a full outboard motor. I also like the pongas....I just don't know where I would store it in our condo...ha ha!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
both my pontoons you can put trolling motors on. The smaller one that my daughter was in was about 450.00 and the skykomish sunrise that i was on was 900.00. I like the uboat that i saw someone on saturday. It had 2 people in it and a full outboard motor. I also like the pongas....i just don't know where i would store it in our condo...ha ha!

kayak

azfish

Lol no but if I meet you this weekend I'll hash tag that. Fishing was slow Wednesday and today Thursday but I'm going to try again tomorrow before this drunk fest known as Circus Mexicus starts.
O the good old hash tag! The good old days!!!

azfish

You can't fish the oyster shack area and you cant get very close to the point unless you go to the parking lot. You can also go to the end of Los Conchas and veer to the left of the hotel at the end and take a road down to the bottom of the estuary but it is kind of sketchy getting out and you might get stuck. Last time I had to take several runs at it in my truck 4wd to get back out. What I like to do is catch the last hour of the low tide and take it out to the structure on my pontoon and as the tide switches I fish around the rocks.

If the wind will stop one of the days I would imagine that fishing would be pretty good after the sea settles down.
How bad of a hill is it? Any other ways to get to the mouth?