Politics and narco business history.

Kenny

Well first I read this..
"Life's objective is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy Sh*t ... what a ride! ".
George Carlin
.. from the bottom of your page. Then I asked myself if George Carlin would read that sh*t. I quickly decided that George would never read that sh*t, but instead go and smoke some good....stuff.:cool:

i can't believe there are any citizens that still live there, period. brave souls. or just too poor to start over elsewhere. it's not like they can get any money for their homes...

Roberto

This is an old post and video that was in draft mode and never posted. This incident happened on November 3, 2009 in Gomez Palacio, Durango, Mexico.

Guess Borderland Beat could not find enough recent violence to report. Good to know what happened two years ago though.!!

holy crap, you're right! i totally missed the asterisks at the beginning of the story. odd that he wrote a draft and never bothered to post it. and now, 2 years later? maybe he was too scared back then!

jerry

(LAS CRUCES, N.M.) - A former Mexican police chief once known for his polemical jousts with the media and other authorities has been murdered in violence-torn Chihuahua state.

Jose Refugio “Cuco” Ruvalcaba Plascencia was gunned down in broad daylight August 10 inside an Applebee’s restaurant in Chihuahua City. As many as three men picked out Ruvalcaba and opened fire at him with pistols, instantly killing the ex-police official, according to press accounts.

Also an agronomist by training, Ruvalcaba won awards for his service while he was Chihuahua City police chief during the mayoral administration of Gustavo Ramos Becerra in the mid-1990s. A native of Nogales, Sonora, Ruvalcaba went on to become a high-ranking police official in Mexico City (1998-2000), and later served as chief of police in the city of Zacatecas for six months before he was forced out in early 2008.

Politically, Ruvalcaba worked with officials identified with the PAN, PRI and PRD parties.

Ruvalcaba was perhaps best known for his short-lived stint as Ciudad Juarez police chief during February and March of 2003. Taking command of the force during the administration of Mayor Jesus Alfredo Delgado Munoz, Ruvalcaba arrived at the time of the exposure of a clandestine burial site of young female murder victims at the Cristo Negro mountain on the city’s edge.

The Cristo Negro case capped a decade of similar discoveries in and around Ciudad Juarez, with other femicide graveyards uncovered in Lote Bravo, Lomas de Poleo, Cerro Bola and the Campo Algodonero.

Ruvalcaba created a stir when he declared that city cops would investigate the women’s murders, a task which until then had been reserved to the corruption-ridden Chihuahua State Judicial Police. However, Ciudad Juarez’s new top cop lasted only 45 days on the job before handing in a supposed registration.

“There is someone in Juarez who does not want the women’s murders cleared up and the municipal police investigating,” Ruvalcaba was quoted in El Diario de Juarez, as he spoke out on his sudden departure from the city’s top law enforcement job. There was no further public clarification of Ruvalcaba’s remarks.

More recently, Ruvalcaba dedicated himself to private enterprise. He operated a money exchange house in Chihuahua City and a pecan sales company in Delicias, an agricultural center south of Chihuahua’s state capital. At the time of the businessman’s murder, he was on the verge of opening a private security firm dedicated to protecting other businessmen and government officials.

Ruvalcaba’s assassination was an announced one.

Within the past week, he was the reported target of threats and attacks, including an August 4 incident in which gunmen fired weapons and lobbed fire bombs at a family business in Delicias. Attackers returned on August 7, but this time left the body of an unidentified person along with a narco-style message threatening Ruvalcaba and family.

The gunmen who shot down Ruvalcaba were able to escape the crime scene with no problem. At press time, nobody had been detained for the murder. Like Ciudad Juarez to the north, Chihuahua City remains submerged in high levels of violence fanned by competing organized crime groups. On August 11, three people were executed inside Chihuahua City’s La Buena Vida (The Good Life) seafood restaurant in the presence of other diners and employees.

Sources:

jerry

"Jose Refugio “Cuco” Ruvalcaba Plascencia was gunned down in broad daylight August 10 inside an Applebee’s restaurant in Chihuahua City"
We the story was dated a few days ago...you think it's old news?
Funny thing is Google shooting Applebees and see all the results....fat,drunk people with heart disease and guns!!!!

There are several links on this thread posted by different people. One of them was from 2009, the others were not, thus the confusion.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Indeed. This, and things like Fast and Furious, are just swept under the carpet. WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE? Where are the congressional investigations? Why aren't there heads rolling (figuratively)? No way in hell you can convince me that this and Fast Furious didn't have approval very high up in the chain of command, possibly to the top.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Sheesh.

jerry

If proven the Feds gave immunity to the lawyer to dodge admitting we have sided with the Sinaloa Cartel against the other cartels it will lead to some really messy details.

Roberto

If proven the Feds gave immunity to the lawyer to dodge admitting we have sided with the Sinaloa Cartel against the other cartels it will lead to some really messy details.
Might be the straw that will break the back of this whole stinkin mess.

WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE?
I've wondered that also Stuart. I guess too many people in the US are smoothed out by the supplies sent by the Cartels to want to stop any of it. Almost every penny used to buy the guns that have killed over 40,000 Mexicans came out of the pocket of a US criminal drug user, but of course they don't see it that way. "I only smoke a little weed and snort on the weekends, what harm is that".

T

Tomcat

ThreeAmigosgunrunner.jpgFast and Furious... There not prosecuted. They simple resign and they call that Justice ? Another example of two kinds of justice in this country !!!!
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/62320.html
Indeed. This, and things like Fast and Furious, are just swept under the carpet. WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE? Where are the congressional investigations? Why aren't there heads rolling (figuratively)? No way in hell you can convince me that this and Fast Furious didn't have approval very high up in the chain of command, possibly to the top.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Sheesh.

Last edited by a moderator: