Problems on the U.S. Side

Kenny

Not sure why they get blamed when the economy goes south........
That's a no brainier, because there easy targets for the union breaking right wing. Now why they are easy targets is complex, but it's based on ignorance for sure.

You're exactly right Kenny. Most cops are conservative Republicans, but the fact is that Republicans went after our pensions. When it comes to politics, it gets pretty frustating.

Kenny

You're exactly right Kenny. Most cops are conservative Republicans, but the fact is that Republicans went after our pensions. When it comes to politics, it gets pretty frustating.
Yes, I was just sitting here thinking how hard it must be for you to find that balance I spoke of earlier when the party you vote for is trying to destroy a system that gave you what all Americans are looking for; Security for your family and a livable wage.

Last edited:

DMAC

I fought the law and the law won.
Public sector pensions are obscene, that's why people would want to go after them. Most people have to fund their own retirement.

DMAC

Trust me, and yes I was in the anti war movement etc; the era of calling cops pigs. The post above reads better than some of your others for the simple fact that people aren't focusing on and making assumptions about who you are based on the word pig. There's a very good chance people's comprehension of what you are trying to say without using pig will improve, because it draws away from the context of the point you're trying to make.

EDIT..I just read the post above this one, and there might be a few other improvements to be made as well..LOL
You do have a point Kenny, but if I had refrained from using the term "pigs", do you think we would have had the level of discourse on the topic we're having right now? In some respect there is a reason shock-jocks are successful and that is when you shock someone's consciousness (or apathy or misguided world-view) you grab their attention.

I am angry about the injustice that has not only been heaped on my friend at the hands of the cops, but of other peaceful people all over this country. If the same wave of violence was being committed by a group like the Hell's Angels, people would be up in arms about it, but they're dulled into thinking that because the gang committing the violence is wearing blue then it must be OK. The fact is that sometimes righteous indignation commands attention.

Kenny

You do have a point Kenny, but if I had refrained from using the term "pigs", do you think we would have had the level of discourse on the topic we're having right now?
I think that it's possible that it got the attention you were looking for at first, but I also think the overuse of the term had driven people away. Shut some down for sure!
I've always said that the CIA was the baddest most corrupt gang in world, and then we hire it's former leader to be our president. A long time friend of the Bin Ladens by the way. What does that say about us? What doe's it say about us when over 70% of our population thought it was Iraqis on those planes and not Sandi's. What doe's it say about me to think we still might have a chance with all the dumb asses out there? LOL

DMAC

I think that it's possible that it got the attention you were looking for at first, but I also think the overuse of the term had driven people away. Shut some down for sure!
I've always said that the CIA was the baddest most corrupt gang in world, and then we hire it's former leader to be our president. A long time friend of the Bin Ladens by the way. What does that say about us? What doe's it say about us when over 70% of our population thought it was Iraqis on those planes and not Sandi's. What doe's it say about me to think we still might have a chance with all the dumb asses out there? LOL
Well I can tell you it says nothing about me personally because I didn't vote for the prick. I think it's uniquely American to love your country and hate your government.

Kenny

we still might have a chance with all the dumb asses out there
After reading rplarry's post over on another thread, I might just have to reassess my thinking a little.:lol:

DMAC

After reading rplarry's post over on another thread, I might just have to reassess my thinking a little.:lol:
You are far too optimistic. People who make a comfy living usually don't care how many lives they ruin in doing so. Furthermore there are far too many people who think they have a god-given right to stick their nose in other people's business. Also, people don't have a clue about finances (see public pensions) so they're constantly strangling the goose that's laying the golden eggs trying to get more eggs out.

I could go on, but yeah, you need to rethink a bit.

Kenny

I think it's uniquely American to love your country and hate your government.

As you well know, a true patriot must stand up against a corrupt government, and hopefully more will soon. Right now we've been maneuvered into fighting among our selfs while the corporations and the war machine (the real power) go unchecked and run this country for there own soulless benefit.

Kenny

You would have to have known rpLarry for as many years as I have, and read his post over on the New boat today kinda thread, page 6, to get my joke. It's turning into a hot little number over there. Take a break, and check it out.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
You are far too optimistic. People who make a comfy living usually don't care how many lives they ruin in doing so. Furthermore there are far too many people who think they have a god-given right to stick their nose in other people's business. Also, people don't have a clue about finances (see public pensions) so they're constantly strangling the goose that's laying the golden eggs trying to get more eggs out.

AKA REPUBLICANS, you're not allowed to take birth control! WHO GIVES A SH!T?!, I was raised Catholic and Im a real Catholic too or once was, not the twice a year Catholic for Christmas and Easter who has never been confirmed into the church. CHRISTIANITY IS RUINING THE COUNTRY. Obviously the SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE DOESNT EXIST. It's a shame that because the Republican base is christian they have to go after these TOUGH initiatives against women, like thats really where our country is going wrong right now, single women taking birth control. Friend of ours out in LA, really really christian, really really republican and what happens? No you dont say she got pregnant out of wedlock with someone that she inst even with anymore, heres the kicker she works for the republican party and is ABSOLUTE about birth control and abortion, pretty funny!! Im generally not concerned with how others want to live their life, I could give a sh!t, you want to party on the weekend and sniff cocaine and drink alcohol, have fun, Ill even tell you the hottest night clubs to go to. I dont even know how a Republican can look at themselves in the mirror while saying less government less government less government, HEY WE PASSED A LAW YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS OR THAT lolololololololololololololololololololololololol Do you Republicans hate the speed limit too because government is telling you how fast you are allowed to drive?! lol

DMAC

I think it's uniquely American to love your country and hate your government.

As you well know, a true patriot must stand up against a corrupt government, and hopefully more will soon. Right now we've been maneuvered into fighting among our selfs while the corporations and the war machine (the real power) go unchecked and run this country for there own soulless benefit.
Don't forget the banksters. Goldman Sachs is really the government of the United States right now.

DMAC

AKA REPUBLICANS, you're not allowed to take birth control! WHO GIVES A SH!T?!, I was raised Catholic and Im a real Catholic too or once was, not the twice a year Catholic for Christmas and Easter who has never been confirmed into the church. CHRISTIANITY IS RUINING THE COUNTRY. Obviously the SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE DOESNT EXIST. It's a shame that because the Republican base is christian they have to go after these TOUGH initiatives against women, like thats really where our country is going wrong right now, single women taking birth control. Friend of ours out in LA, really really christian, really really republican and what happens? No you dont say she got pregnant out of wedlock with someone that she inst even with anymore, heres the kicker she works for the republican party and is ABSOLUTE about birth control and abortion, pretty funny!! Im generally not concerned with how others want to live their life, I could give a sh!t, you want to party on the weekend and sniff cocaine and drink alcohol, have fun, Ill even tell you the hottest night clubs to go to. I dont even know how a Republican can look at themselves in the mirror while saying less government less government less government, HEY WE PASSED A LAW YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS OR THAT lolololololololololololololololololololololololol Do you Republicans hate the speed limit too because government is telling you how fast you are allowed to drive?! lol
Let me guess: you were a big fan of Rick "Frothy" Santorum, right? :lol:

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Public sector pensions are obscene, that's why people would want to go after them. Most people have to fund their own retirement.

HAH! Most private sector people actually have to fund their own retirement AND fund their share of all public sector pensions....

Now, I'm not willing to go so far as to declare cops to be parasites.... Politicians yes, cops... eh, maybe the desk jockeys.

Here's where I come unstuck- why do cops, firefighters, and mailmen surrender part of their pay back as income taxes? Don't all public sector employees realize that 100% of their income (and therefore 100% of their tax burden) is already paid via the taxes incurred on the private sector?

DMAC is right- the private sector finances 100% of ALL the "productivity" of the public sector. Always has, always will...

Imagine the efficiencies that government could incur if they stopped assessing income taxes against public servants, and gave them a flat 28% paycut instead...

the net pay would be exactly the same, but the administrative overhead would reduce by 60%....

DMAC

Imagine the efficiencies if we stopped assessing income taxes on everyone!

BTW the really big problem with public pensions is that they are defined benefit rather than defined contribution. There is a number of reasons for that, and none of them good from a financial management standpoint but the only place you ever find defined benefit pensions in the private sector are companies that are beholden to unions or heavily regulated by the government. There is a reason for that: any financial manager worth his salt and concerned about the long-term viability of the company they work for would never commit to a defined benefit plan. What our friend the ....er.... cop is probably going to find out is that 20 - 30 years from now municipalities will either have to stop providing any services all together or go bankrupt in order to reorganize and in that reorganization the public pension plans are going to be on the block. There is no way around it short of a huge dose of fiscal restraint on the part of the municipal governments combined with really good long-term growth (like above 5% say). Our boys in blue are going to end up coming out of retirement to be greeters at Wal-Mart to make ends meet.