Propane Explodes At Unconcious

jerry

Big explosion last night.My ambulance driver friend said two hurt real bad...anyone know details? Not sure of the details here but as we have discussed many times propane line construction best practices in Mexico put all of us at danger...

Landshark

Scary stuff. Similar thing happened in Encanto a few years back. Started as a house fire, we went to check it out and as we pulled up the propane tank blew. Massive explosion and fireball, thought we were toast. Reminded me of what fear tastes like...

jerry

Scary stuff. Similar thing happened in Encanto a few years back. Started as a house fire, we went to check it out and as we pulled up the propane tank blew. Massive explosion and fireball, thought we were toast. Reminded me of what fear tastes like...
When the gun men put the guns on me last March behind the Santo Tomas fish camp I tasted real fear for the first time in maybe 25 years....tasted like burnt toast and maybe Sulfur

MIRAMAR

I wonder if it had anything to do w/ New Years Eve and fireworks- propane and firecrackers are a scary combination.

Landshark

This sounds like a terrible tragedy. Power goes off at 3am, when it comes back on an hour later the house is demolished by a massive propane explosion. Bad thermocouple? People were most likely sleeping and awoke to the nightmare of the explosion. Can't even imagine...

Landshark

Found this about the injured people...

They are in a hospital in Phoenix. She is in critical condition and has had 2 surgeries, but is now breathing on her own. She has skull, thoracic, and arm fractures, a small brain bleed, and some internal bleeding--not organ damage, to my knowledge. Please pray for full mental and physical recovery. Her husband's hip was badly broken, and he had several deep lacerations, but he is alert and had a successful hip replacement yesterday. Both of them are making progress, and their children are with them.

Many thanks to the wonderful neighbors who pulled our friends from the wreckage and the medical teams who stabilized them and got them transported safely to Phoenix. Please pray for our friends.

Landshark

Big explosion last night.My ambulance driver friend said two hurt real bad...anyone know details? Not sure of the details here but as we have discussed many times propane line construction best practices in Mexico put all of us at danger...
Thoughts Jerry??
Car hits a pole at 3am causing power outage. People in the house probably sleeping and didn't know anything happened. Assume something like a propane furnace malfunctioned when thermostat called for heat, turned on gas flow but without power didn't light. Thermostat keeps unit on/gas flowing because no heat to satisfy it. Power restored by utility company an hour later, ignition occurs in furnace, massive explosion occurs. Defective thermocouple or controller in furnace??? How would a person ever know there was a problem? Only defense may be a propane detecting alarm device. Home Depot sells them cheap, 85 db alarm...

jerry

Great idea ..also switch every thing off so no surge occurred,turn off propane at the tank too...maybe even open windows.... everything is pretty much Irish rigged in those older beach houses...

Roberto

WORD on the street is that some work had been done on the gas line recently and a leaking joint was fixed by wrapping it with tape. A neighbor, first responder reported that the ambulance staff started to pick up one of the victims, like a rag doll. Personwho had medical training objected to the bad technique and the police were called to stop the interference.

jerry

At Santo Tomas the half-assed installs used galvanized pipe...more than one house had leaks...just luck no one blew up