Puerto Lobos Fishing

RIC

great site, i am definatley going to kill some time tonight checking out the pics and videos.

Ric

RICSROCKYPOINTFISHING.COM

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Awesome site Ted!

I see you are in Gold Canyon. I used to live out there from 99 to 2002.

I should be contacting you soon to possibly set up a trip!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
great site, i am definatley going to kill some time tonight checking out the pics and videos.

Ric

RICSROCKYPOINTFISHING.COM
Do you even fish anymore? Huh? Do you?? (I know... the wife's business, etc.) I don't know how you do it without going crazy (the not fishing part; the wife part makes all of us men crazy). But hey, since you're NOT fishing, do us all a favor and keep NOT fishing! That leaves more grouper on the close reefs for us!! HAHAHAHA!!! ;-)

Seriously - if you can break away in the next month or so - before it gets hot - why don't we take my boat and do a trip down to Lobos and check out some of that fine fishing? I've got the range to do it. We can overnight there. I've got a few marks in that area I've been dying to try. Stop and try some marks in Desomboque as well.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Stuart -
with you and Ric fishing together, I'll be waiting to read the reports from this trip - looks like a great area.
mmmn - grouper.... :)

Got me going

Just by looking at the pictures got me going, I will be making a trip down there to see you, looks like the fishing there is what Rocky point was 40 years ago, cant wait to fish that area:-D

playaperro

El Pirata
Nice site Ted and CJ. How big was that Rooster Fish you are Holding Ted. CJ nice catch too. I see even Ralph caught a big Grouper. Not surprised you guys are right up their with your fishing and
boating. Wishing you the best.

Playa

Ted

Thanks guys for the nice comments. When ever you get to Lobos look me up for some of the local info.
I am going to Lobos on Monday and then hoping to pull our other boat up to Rocky Pt. I have a 2004 -225 HP Yamaha four stroke-great motor but I cannot fix it- been down for a year-maybe rust in the injectors. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in RP who knows this engine?

RIC

Do you even fish anymore? Huh? Do you?? (I know... the wife's business, etc.) I don't know how you do it without going crazy (the not fishing part; the wife part makes all of us men crazy). But hey, since you're NOT fishing, do us all a favor and keep NOT fishing! That leaves more grouper on the close reefs for us!! HAHAHAHA!!! ;-)

Seriously - if you can break away in the next month or so - before it gets hot - why don't we take my boat and do a trip down to Lobos and check out some of that fine fishing? I've got the range to do it. We can overnight there. I've got a few marks in that area I've been dying to try. Stop and try some marks in Desomboque as well.
It has been tough not getting on the water on a regular basis the last several months but if Terri and I keep putting in the hours this year, we should be able to take fridays off on a regular basis and then I will be able to get a lot more fishing in. It also is not so bad working with the wife all day. As you can imagine.....there are some perks to being alone in an office with my wife while the 6 year old is at school.:grin::pinkie::eek:.

I was hoping to sneak a trip in last weekend but the weather made that impossible and now it looks like this weekend is out as well. I may head down to put new line on some reels and do a little surf casting. I did catch a dozen pompano in an hour several weeks ago fishing from the rocks throwing spoons and the corvina should be around soon as well.

I would be game tor an overnight trip on your boat to lobos this year although it looks like we could fish a couple days with Ted and stay at his place for just a little more money than it would cost in gas to make the 160-180 mile round trip in a boat from Rocky Point.

Ric

WWW.RICSROCKYPOINTFISHING.COM

Kenny

Great site and pictures Ted, and as soon as I saw it I emailed Jerry and said "I'm in".We've been talking about going down there for some time to do some fishing, but now it's time for some action, not just talk. It would be no problem from your place Jerry, especially with the new road. How far from the Y is it? As soon as Matt's back from Australia, lets put it together. Yes Don, you too.:thumbsup:

Kenny

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I would be game tor an overnight trip on your boat to lobos this year although it looks like we could fish a couple days with Ted and stay at his place for just a little more money than it would cost in gas to make the 160-180 mile round trip in a boat from Rocky Point.
Ric, you're missing the point - it would be an adventure! I mean, gas money be damned. If that were an issue, I'd never fish any further than the 12 mile reef! It's the high seas, matey! Where men are men and the fish are scared! I know, you just don't want to be trapped on a boat with me and have to listen to me fart and snore all night long!!!

I kind of wanted to explore the waters heading down there and back. We've both got marks down that way and I've never gone too much further south than the island. A fishing pleasure cruise, with no real agenda, just a destination. Sure, we could drive it, but why not do it by boat? At cruise, it's a three hour tour. Maybe we anchor up and stay in Ted's deluxe accomodations on the beach, or at least schmooze with him and any fisher-types that happen to be down there.

Kind of the same reason I plan on doing a trip over to Puerto Refugio one of these days - at the north end of La Guardia. About 120 miles from Penasco. Exactly in the middle of nowhere. Stop and fish the Golden Reef on the way over and back. Maybe troll around the island a bit. It's all about the adventure! :thumbsup:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Thanks guys for the nice comments. When ever you get to Lobos look me up for some of the local info.
I am going to Lobos on Monday and then hoping to pull our other boat up to Rocky Pt. I have a 2004 -225 HP Yamaha four stroke-great motor but I cannot fix it- been down for a year-maybe rust in the injectors. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in RP who knows this engine?
Ted, ~~~ you mite try this mechanic, ~~~ Manfredo's 638-38-3-67-29, ~~~ depending from where you are calling, you mite have to dial ~~~ 011521, 1st then the above #, ~~~ you can also try Joe Dennis, @ Penasco Storage, ~~~ 011521-638-1059-174 - cell, or 638-1020049, I keep my boat there from time to time, @ I know he works on ob's, ~~~ or would know someone, ~~~ hope this helps, ~~~

Hey Stuart and Ric
If you guys do this Edna and I would also like to go with you.
We need a big dingy to bring back all the fish!

Ted
How is the road situation going down there. I know the main road to Caborca is ok but what about from there. Is it marked well, pavement or dirt and if dirt do I need a 4 wheel? How rough is it for pulling. Is it still no services, water etc? What about land for sale?

Ted

Bill-
I had a super long day at work-just got showered and fed. Going to Lobos in the morning have not packed anything yet. There is a lot to know about getting to Lobos from RP. I will put up a post with the details tomorrow or the next day with a fishing report from Lobos.