Puerto Lobos Free Diving...

My buddy Rick and I took a ride to free dive in Puerto Lobos... we'll be going back soon with tanks and gear wanna join us???

[video=youtube;uAdTu_Xerac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAdTu_Xerac[/video]

MIRAMAR

Thanks Mark, that was fantastic. Would you say the diving is better in Lobos than Penasco? It looked like it but I want your opinion. Thanks again.

Thanks Mark, that was fantastic. Would you say the diving is better in Lobos than Penasco? It looked like it but I want your opinion. Thanks again.
There are many more species of sealife to sea... we just did a drift dive today in Penasco along the coast from the reef to punto caballo and the water here is warmer but not nearly as clear... today was kinda bad because of big tides and waves from the winds...

we could sea the fish swimming in the water from the lighthouse in Lobos...

Last edited:
yes they are that blue... there were a bunch of them, there were some about half that size... these are the juvinal stage of the Cortez Damselfish... the adults are brownish to black in color and some retain a little bit of the iridescent blue on their fins...

AZ ROB

Yse Mark lets go explore under the sea Had a blast yesterday on the drift dive will be getting pictures to you hopefully today

Kenny

That was the porch of my house in Lobos you were standing on Leigh
I knew it had to be very close to your place, and one of these day's I'll make it down that way. Jerry and I have been talking about a trip down there to do a little fishing and such for some time now.

Yse Mark lets go explore under the sea Had a blast yesterday on the drift dive will be getting pictures to you hopefully today
it was fun... that was the longest drift I've done in a while... can't wait to sea the photos Rob...

hey I'm going out to the Community Center at 10:00 do you want any tomales??? Blanca is selling tamales to raise $$$ for the center, I know it's a short notice... if anyone else is down here and wants to get some give me a call... 638-109-1171

Lobos

I've got no problem with you staying there. Thanks for the photos , so I could see the house was Ok. . Next time you go down , go and ask for Quilta at the store on the main beach and have him show you around. Great guy and is a diver and fisherman. Thanks Leigh

I've got no problem with you staying there. Thanks for the photos , so I could see the house was Ok. . Next time you go down , go and ask for Quilta at the store on the main beach and have him show you around. Great guy and is a diver and fisherman. Thanks Leigh
Thanks Leigh... everything was OK at your place... we were in the water for just over 2 hours and sat in front of your house long enough to eat a couple of sandwiches... I think we did sea Quilta carrying his mask and fins and walking from the water with a young boy and a dog just as we arrived...

and we did our bit to help out the economy and stopped by the little store and bought various munchies and drinks and left about a 50 peso tip for the little girl that was at the store and she imediately went to play the video game...

Do you know about how many children are in the village and where they go to school??? I was thinking of taking down school supplies the next visit...

Kids

Not really sure on # of kids.Vary's on time of year as with the fishing people. They do have a school at the east end of town for 1st through 6th grade, then they have to go to Caborca or Desembouge(spelling),from there on out. The school is just across from the police station as you are coming into town.You can also talk to ted with Lobos fishing as he is down much more than I am. Let me know if you need anything else about Lobos ,Leigh

Mark, ,there is a shrimp boat off the cresent reef as you are looking s. east from the front porch. Quilta could arrange a boat and show you it for a couple of bucks for gas. Take care and enjoy Lobos as I have for 25 years and counting. Awesome people in Lobos.Leigh

Thanks Leigh... that is a big help and that is the school age we like to help out (1st-6th... get them while they're young)... Rick my buddy that was with me was talking about looking for Ted and I talked with Stuart and he told me where he could be found, so next visit we will look him up...

And thanks for the info about the shrimp boat... how long has it been under??? It only takes about a year for stuff to start growing and forming a reef... I'm sure that would be awesome to dive...

Thanks again for the info Leigh... maybe we'll run into you sometime while we're down there...

Shrimp boat

Not sure how many years but was told there are alot of fish including groupers on it. We go down in October and haven't missed a thanksgiving in 25 years. They all look forward to there turkeys. Leigh

Mark, ,there is a shrimp boat off the cresent reef as you are looking s. east from the front porch. Quilta could arrange a boat and show you it for a couple of bucks for gas. Take care and enjoy Lobos as I have for 25 years and counting. Awesome people in Lobos.Leigh
Leigh... do you know how deep that shrimp boat is???