Puerto Penasco Home Port

mis2810

Some on this forum smelled a rat from the beginning.They were attacked by other Americans with dreams of wealth from the flow of travelers coming to take a cruise.The boosters seemed to ignore the fact that the bread and butter of Puerto Penasco ( the American vacation home owner) will be negatively effected by this influx.Now it looks like another problem with this project is being revealed.A fight for control of the project between PAN and PRI possibly or is it a attempt to cleanup the culture of corruption by one side before things proceed? ( the rumor I heard)
The latter would be ideal, but that might be an even bigger dream than BoomerBust or the Port.

ben21

With any luck they throw in the towel in it's current state. I'd hate for more money to be wasted and it becoming an even larger eyesore before ultimately failing. As is, Maybe they can do something cool with it (fishing, market, entertainment, etc). I'm assuming that the cost to remove all that rock would be astronomical.

jerry

I, for one, appreciate your responses now and then -- Just as I appreciate the "updates." Collectively they give perspective.
the exchange of ideas is how we advance the story.Everyone has a piece of the story.Some only share the piece that fits their narrative.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
They are still working at Black Mtn. Big dust cloud was in the air as we went by there today.
We hear blasting from Black Mountain everyday in barrio Lopez Portillo They're just blasting rock for the heck of it I guess. They don't really intend on using it on the port project cuz they can't pay their truckers or something like that! we'll all see what happens.

I am still bullish on this place (Peñasco) although it could be run better by some of our forum members that have better overall management experience. (sarc on)

jerry

I still have not heard a good explanation for this hire...

"Construction great Vision (GRAVI), the company of Luis Cano Raymundo, who was assigned the work of construction of the breakwater of the Homeport of Puerto Peñasco (Sonora), been used for the award of subcontracts of the work to an ex-narcotraficante that is now being investigated by the PGR for money laundering.
Alfredo Vergara
Alfredo Vergara Álvarez, a drug trafficker who served a sentence of five years in the United States for cocaine trafficking, now has been responsible for the award of subcontracts in the company of Luis Cano. Well-informed sources have confirmed the PGR investigates him for money laundering, with a record in the town of Sonoita, whereby we have your inquiry number.
Luis Cano
Among people in the city of Puerto Peñasco, nobody understands the presence of this ex-delincuente in sensitive function, except that you are representing the interests of third parties involved, which move in the underworld, and serve as a link for any collection.
The architect Luis Raymundo Cano is back, so close to an inquiry of the PGR."

playaperro

El Pirata
I still have not heard a good explanation for this hire...

"Construction great Vision (GRAVI), the company of Luis Cano Raymundo, who was assigned the work of construction of the breakwater of the Homeport of Puerto Peñasco (Sonora), been used for the award of subcontracts of the work to an ex-narcotraficante that is now being investigated by the PGR for money laundering.
Alfredo Vergara
Alfredo Vergara Álvarez, a drug trafficker who served a sentence of five years in the United States for cocaine trafficking, now has been responsible for the award of subcontracts in the company of Luis Cano. Well-informed sources have confirmed the PGR investigates him for money laundering, with a record in the town of Sonoita, whereby we have your inquiry number.
Luis Cano
Among people in the city of Puerto Peñasco, nobody understands the presence of this ex-delincuente in sensitive function, except that you are representing the interests of third parties involved, which move in the underworld, and serve as a link for any collection.
The architect Luis Raymundo Cano is back, so close to an inquiry of the PGR."
Can't believe everything you read Jerry, This sounds like the Spaniards lawyer talking bullshit about the Grijalvas (Northbeach) lawyer, last I heard the lawyer took the position pro bono,
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1125rockypoint1125.html

jerry

Can't believe everything you read Jerry, This sounds like the Spaniards lawyer talking bullshit about the Grijalvas (Northbeach) lawyer, last I heard the lawyer took the position pro bono,
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1125rockypoint1125.html
Good find......still does not breed much confidence knowing North Beach people involved.
Here is the link in Spanish:
http://peninsulardigital.com/extra/gravi-y-el-homeport-de-penasco-investiga-pgr-encargado-de-subcontratos-por-lavado-de-dinero/144879

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
Good find......still does not breed much confidence knowing North Beach people involved.
Here is the link in Spanish:
http://peninsulardigital.com/extra/gravi-y-el-homeport-de-penasco-investiga-pgr-encargado-de-subcontratos-por-lavado-de-dinero/144879
Wish he would of posted when he did the 5 years, I just posted the north beach fiasco to post a timeline, I know a few people have used him from the forum for land disputes. He does do background checks for buyers and sellers, maybe that's why he got the gig.

jerry

Wish he would of posted when he did the 5 years, I just posted the north beach fiasco to post a timeline, I know a few people have used him from the forum for land disputes. He does do background checks for buyers and sellers, maybe that's why he got the gig.
Also this report is coming out of Baja which views Penasco as a threat to the cruise business,which seems shakey over there already from other stories on the site.

The Home Port jetty work has been pretty quiet since Sunday, gates closed with about 15 trucks parked outside
and the Track hoes parked.
Maybe waiting for the Boomerfest to begin and start work again to make boomster's grumpy.

The Home Port jetty work has been pretty quiet since Sunday, gates closed with about 15 trucks parked outside
and the Track hoes parked.
Maybe waiting for the Boomerfest to begin and start work again to make boomster's grumpy.
Biting my lip I say nothing!

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
just assume that the schedule is 1 week on and 2 weeks off... this way it will be less of a surprise for those waiting for the hourly play by play.