Puerto Penasco Home Port

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I'm a pretty big guy and Russ has always been for me (well, most of the time for me!) Does that count?

Let me see if I got this correct. You can't pay the $5.00 and access Sandy Beach via the guard shack by the Reef anymore? Say it isn't so.

F******ck!!! Total bummer. So many memories, all the way back to the early 90's. God I wish I could go back to then. Heading down in a couple weeks. Been out of state for a few years, sure I'm gonna be shocked a little.

Thanks for the update.

Roberto

Any news today???? Photos??? I heard a rumor that they were loading rocks and hauling them away from the pier !! Also heard that Russ is stealing rocks for his rock garden at his house. Also heard that the blasting stopped because they discovered gold and want to mine it. Can anyone confirm any of this????

F******ck!!! Total bummer. So many memories, all the way back to the early 90's. God I wish I could go back to then. Heading down in a couple weeks. Been out of state for a few years, sure I'm gonna be shocked a little.

Thanks for the update.
I found out you can't 3 weeks ago, but you can still get on SB via the Reef RV park.
Sadly, it will cost you $20 to rent an RV spot, good for 24 hours. We ended up doing that after my wife was complaining about it.
If you time it right you can get 2 days on the beach for the 24 hr.
time period. So it works out to $10 per visit vs the $8 for the public access it was last year.

Does anyone know if the Mi Playa beach is still a mess?

Last edited:
Any news today???? Photos??? I heard a rumor that they were loading rocks and hauling them away from the pier !! Also heard that Russ is stealing rocks for his rock garden at his house. Also heard that the blasting stopped because they discovered gold and want to mine it. Can anyone confirm any of this????
I believe it all to be true. I heard they are moving the Jetty down near the marina because the water is deeper

jerry

Clear as mud but bringing the State Police in really pissed everyone off

"Puerto Peñasco, Sonora.-in an interview local businessman Rubén González Aguayo, spoke about the conflict that exists in the Home Port, where domperos of the town were evicted by the PEI and said "because authorities will not against its leader and if they apply the law, because the domperos move based on what they told their ringleaderwhich must have faced the situation there is its leader.
"I know that there are unions and that within them there is a representative, Mr. Everardo Fimbres Ocaña, he has to defend the causes because it is representative and has to cope with this situation, there are anomalies like that stops the money, apparently the company if it is paying to the Union and poor of the domperos that if they are being attacked in this way"I think rather to which have to apply justice is to the Union representative, somehow he has to face the music"said.
"Is not okay to use money from the efforts of the people to cover other things, is how Governments, when there are labeled moneys are to apply, they apply the law, it is my friend Mr. Fimbres, but if it is acting with malice aforethought and advantage, I think that he must face the consequences" said.
Also, said "I agree that stoppages may exist, with respect also, because works that will bring benefit to our people have to move forward, the allegations must be done outside the compound where is operating, since it is a project that is the future of rock, and must be respected, the domperos must have his plea with its leader"which is Mr. Fimbres".
In the same way, said "as an entrepreneur I can say that I am not agree as the domperos were treated, they deserve respect, regardless if there was a strike, because we must remember that there are families that are of through, they feel hit because if they are two months that do not pay them, they will obviously look to make a pressure".
"I respect very much the carriers, they are friends and it did not appear the proceed was applied against them;" I was two weeks ago talking with them, they told me that they had not paid them, that they were standing guard, comment them that it was worthy to be in place, however, now more evil, based on law is that it seems that things are violating it personally, seems me grotesque as they were evicted from the place, because they are civilized and workers; Apart still put them in jail and have to pay 5 thousand dollars, that is extremely grotesque, I am very sorry that this happens to us to us"he said.
On the other hand, spoke about the statements made by Alfredo Vergara Álvarez, in the sense that "the tender comes bad" and that he doesn't understand because is continuous with a work as well, to which Gonzalez Aguayo, replied "I regret these comments of Mr Vergara, I think the affected is mainly rock, I do not agree that be politicized, do not think that the Governor Guillermo Padrés Elijah is wrong already that project the work, suffered it and it is still working; "If Mr. Vergara has a personal opinion should not speak to the thousand winds, it should fix it at the table of negotiations that occur in the State, because with reviews makes a very gray atmosphere, creates uncertainty, maybe he is doing because he wants other favorable negotiations make only for it".

jerry

The Company says the union was paid 750000 pesos! Everyone not doing actual physical work seems to be on the take...

Puerto Peñasco, Sonora-suede non-payment from three months ago, specifically last February 5, carriers of stone materials, domperos, they decided to stop the work of the Home Port a month ago and remain in permanent unemployment, however, tempers rose tone once it was notified to them by Alfredo Vergara Álvarez, who is the holder of the contract for the projectthat they had to let trucks with stones taken from the mine La Herradura, which generated angered workers, who even claimed that they will come out onto the streets of the city to express their dissatisfaction.
In this sense, José Luis López, carrier, said "the only demand that we are doing is to pay us worked, we are not asking for a given weight, since Feb. 5 they have not paid us agreed, there are many affected families, because all of us are not leading the sustenance to our houses, they handled us there are problems in the Consortium", that the Government does not release the money, those are freight and complications relating to them, to us that pay us what is fair, because they want to pay a fee that does not get or to pay for fuel, less the driver".
"We are going to fight here until we pay, work here, here we have to come to pay" emphasized.
On the other hand, said "we hear that Mr Vergara said that the Union 750 thousand pesos for the advance for us, was given which is new, we didn't, we were never informed us that this advancement, which is managed by Carlos Guerrero and Everardo had been Fimbres Ocaña, making it particularly, Fimbres we must clarify this situation".
Related news:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
And the rock garden looks so cool now! Naomi loves it!

playaperro

El Pirata
I picture the poor drivers with crowbars and Hooka diving setups from Harbor Freight giving it a try.They must have spotted something and went to plan b.....bigger rocks from Herradurra where they have the equipment to load them....the superintendent at the mine is good guy that stays at santo tomas on occasion...
Have you seen the size of these trucks Jerry, hold 5 times the load of the previous trucks, would not be feasible for the small trucks to run out to the mine.

jerry

Have you seen the size of these trucks Jerry, hold 5 times the load of the previous trucks, would not be feasible for the small trucks to run out to the mine.
I think obviously there is an underlying screw up that they are trying to deal without it becoming public knowledge.The flack that wrote the rp360 story has an evolving story line he is peddling.....poorly

playaperro

El Pirata
So the sub-contractor kept both his and the truckers factura and collected on both, the sub did get payed but when the forensic act. ran the numbers they caught it, just what i heard at guau gaua's, Maybe i should stay out of there...

Last edited:

jerry

Translation from Defrente editor ... "VARIOUS COMMENTS:.Where seems to be already thundered the bomb was in the construction of the breakwater of Homeport, since for several days, which days, weeks, said work was paralyzed by domperos bringing in material, the fact is that they claimed failure to pay, but there was another background in the subject, such as hauling material from the La Herradura mine by special gondolas, Case led the Friday morning the bomb to be evicted by the police state half a dozen drivers who were there stationed Dompe, same blocking the entrance to the work, being arrested, and while out on bail, no longer a fight with justice for them, in a tangle of squabbling featuring the leader of the CTM Everardo Fimbres, who seems to walk nosy, and they said they had no personality to represent domperos, and a representative of one of the companies contracted name Alfredo Vergara, the fact is that go dancing several million weights and is the economic interest (that novelty!) which caused this mess, the fact is that in this situation jeopardized the project, it was born weak, as there knowledgeable people that theme that ensures the homeport will end up in a marina for yachts and not a cruise departure as announced .

jerry

"the fact is that in this situation jeopardized the project, it was born weak, as there knowledgeable people that theme that ensures the homeport will end up in a marina for yachts and not a cruise departure as announced ". .....

Did you ever wake up in the morning and read something that just made you happy?