Puerto Penasco Home Port

Kelney

I actually would not mind owning at Esmeralda. Looks like a nice wind break for the water from a northwesterly wind and close to what will become the best shore fishing spot in RP. It's not like there will ever be any ships coming in and out of there..

mis2810

I actually would not mind owning at Esmeralda. Looks like a nice wind break for the water from a northwesterly wind and close to what will become the best shore fishing spot in RP. It's not like there will ever be any ships coming in and out of there..
Well, when you put it that way.....I was thinking of the ships.

Unfortunately Esmeralda, much like the Cruise Port, is at a stand still and roughly 10% complete.
OT
Ya. I have friend that bought at the Esmeralda around 2010 maybe earlier. They were promised a completion date that came and went....and went...and went.
I believe it was in the unfinished tower. :-(

jerry

As a side note North of the breakwater( as they call it )the beaches may degrade in a major way.

Wendy is looking for rocks big time.I wonder if breaking up all the unfinished condos and dumped them in the deeper water might be the solution?
"A brief communication from home port project Administrative Director, Wendy Winzer, revealed only that the state of geological analysis of the building stones for the breakwater are still underway and no decisions have been made, nor conclusions drawn with regard to how or where they will acquire more stones. That is, the “status” is “quo” at this point. We will keep you posted, however." From Jim's Sonoran newsletter......

What to do what to do?

image.jpg
It might be smart to construct some groynes ( French for pig snouts) to help keep the beaches from being degraded
The failure of getting the large rocks in place might already be damaging the core ( fine quarry waste) http://www.fao.org/docrep/v5270e/v5270e03.htm
-

Last edited:

jerry

It might be smart to construct some grounds ( French for pig snouts) to help keep the beaches from being degrade
You do what you always do when you are in trouble and don't have a solution....nothing! You wait until somebody else steps up with a bright idea and then you hand them the ball.
landshark read that last link I posted on building these things...pretty good

mis2810

Until you look in the other direction and watch all the cruise ship passengers and condo hawkers crawling all over the place. I'd be happy if they just left it the way it is now. Whatever happens we still have no control over any of it. All I'm saying is if it actually gets built I would not want to be an owner in the resort right next door. I'm perfectly happy down the beach 4 resorts over.

Landshark

Itlandshark read that last link I posted on building these things...pretty good
They signed a contract, with the Sonoyta Ejido Lius Echeveria a couple weeks ago, for boulders that fit the specs. I'm surprised they haven't started hauling....
Good read Jerry. Provides insight about the jetty construction & potential of beach erosion which is common in RP. Sounds like work will began again soon as the baton has been passed. I assume they will widen & elevate the jetty by adding the large rocks creating the armour layer to protect the core & then continue with the remainder. Hope the money is there to pay the labor & material expense because there is a long way to go & the water's getting deeper!

ben21

A more accurate depiction of what Esmeralda has looked like for the last 6 years. Almost as bad as that other tower at the end of Las Conchas.

RP.jpg

mis2810

I never realized that only the one section was finished - I thought two were. How many people actually own units there?