Puerto Penasco Home Port

jerry

Lite some damn Tiki torches already!

From Penasco Digital
"
Puerto Peñasco, Sonora-almost two months to know that the construction of the breakwater of the Home Port does not have night preventive signs that serve as protection for any type of vessel that circulates in the area, until now still not has placed no security measures.
According to the call issued for tender public national number LO-926094922-N2-2013, provided in annex 9 which should be "construction and conservation of deviations and access roads, as well as the preparation, placement and signals and devices of protection to work".
In addition, the study of environmental impact Regional modality for the project "Homeport tourist of Puerto Peñasco", presented by the Committee on development to the tourism of the State of Sonora, Government of the State of Sonora and its legal representative C. Eduardo Javier Tapia Camou, General Coordinator of the Development Commission to the tourism of the State of Sonora, says in chapter IIIII.2.3 corresponding to the preparation of the site and construction, textually says "the construction of the project requires no great work of site preparation, however be placed preventive signs of protection of the environment in the maritime and terrestrial areas, are adequately delimit and lighting as needed within the work area will be placed".
The above has not been fulfilled, because in a journey that was made by the breakwater, it was found that you no placed no signs to prevent overnight any vessel having an accident having contact with construction of the Home Port.
On the other hand, were interviewed on this theme to the captain of Puerto Luis Castro Galán, who commented "is in process through merchant, definitive signs can not be considered because it is a work that is in progress, however, there is a kind of temporary signage, in this moment are in the process of defining the equipment must be installed".
However, recognized "so far there is no signage in place, what we can say is that when the plans of the work were made must necessarily consider the security measures, includes it all project, in this case you must have considered the question of the demarcation of safety as long as the work is not finished"right now it is in communication Department of signaling with the company responsible for the work, to define and ask for this type of accusations."
Also he explained "with progress on carrying work in waters in represents a potential risk for all those that make maritime traffic in that area, comes the crossing mostly at night and if there is something that reminds us that there is a work under construction may have unfortunately some sort of mishap."

Roberto

Easy fix. Some #10 tin cans filled with sand and fuel oil just like they use on the highways at night. What could be better ?? Or a guy out there blowing a horn and waving an orange flag would create some jobs.

Roberto

nice, lucky for me I can return home to Santo Tomas after my cruise and enjoy drinking water from the tap,fast,fast internet,good roads.no burglars,no loud partiers,beautiful dunes with cardons....viva mexico!
Commie, Pinko, Ratfink, Braggart,Santo Thomas promotor.

Last edited:

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Jerry... I picture you being the 'Russ' of Santo Tomas. I'll look into it in about 10 years when it start to get commercialized

MIRAMAR

You know what they say Jerry: Portland is where 20 year olds go to retire. And I don't believe there are better tacos in Portland- I don't think you can improve on Blue Marlin's fish tacos or El Serape or Tacos Poblanos carne asada tacos!

Last edited:

Kenny

Posted on Jan 19th.
Truth is I can't tell exactly what they plan on doing with this Jetty/breakwater. Because there is so much dirt and smaller rocks between the large boulders, it will settle unevenly. I can't see it holding up for any length of time under any heavy usage; like a road on top.
What say Stuart, between the both of us we have both coasts covered and the Sea of Cortez to some extent. Have you ever seen a breakwater or Jetty with so much dirt and small rocks in it at any stage?...Oh I forgot, no problem.
Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
Kenny, Jan 19, 2014EditRepor

Last edited:

jerry

Jan 19th.
Truth is I can't tell exactly what they plan on doing with this Jetty/breakwater. Because there is so much dirt and smaller rocks between the large boulders, it will settle unevenly. I can't see it holding up for any length of time under any heavy usage; like a road on top.
What say Stuart, between the both of us we have both coasts covered and the Sea of Cortez to some extent. Have you ever seen a breakwater or Jetty with so much dirt and small rocks in it at any stage?...Oh I forgot, no problem.
Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
Kenny, Jan 19, 2014EditRepor
Kenny if they do pull this off (Ha) the city should charge a 20 dollar a person fee to disembark....

Lets face it, it's not going to happen. This is the kind of project where every DAY counts. If it was a serious project done by a world class consortium work would be going on night and day.