Puerto Penasco Home Port

joester

2 salty dawgs
too bad Alaska doesn't fly non-stop from PHX to SJD (Cabo) - USAirways has the only non-stop flights from PHX and those flights run 700+/RT, which is hard to accept, but we still pay it.

garyd

too bad Alaska doesn't fly non-stop from PHX to SJD (Cabo) - USAirways has the only non-stop flights from PHX and those flights run 700+/RT, which is hard to accept, but we still pay it.
Check out Southwest. I think they started flying down to Cabo

joester

2 salty dawgs
Garyd -
they do fly to SJD - but no non-stops from PHX. you need to stop in Cali and change planes. to save $150/ea RT it's just not worth adding between 4 to 7 hours each way to what is less than 2 hours flight time from PHX.

Jerry - there's VERY little chance I'll be travelling to PV or Nuevo anytime in the future - just doesn't interest me at all. Maybe a flight to Loreto and do some exploring on that part of baja - use as a base for trips to Mulege and Bahia Concepcion, that sounds great. Better yet, I'd like to get a small group of RV's together for a month of exploring baja - that would be way more to my liking :)

jerry

Garyd -
they do fly to SJD - but no non-stops from PHX. you need to stop in Cali and change planes. to save $150/ea RT it's just not worth adding between 4 to 7 hours each way to what is less than 2 hours flight time from PHX.

Jerry - there's VERY little chance I'll be travelling to PV or Nuevo anytime in the future - just doesn't interest me at all. Maybe a flight to Loreto and do some exploring on that part of baja - use as a base for trips to Mulege and Bahia Concepcion, that sounds great. Better yet, I'd like to get a small group of RV's together for a month of exploring baja - that would be way more to my liking :)
Still want to hop the ferry over from Guaymas too

Best part about that article was the author boasting about the "success" of the airport. If this project follows the same path we'll have all be staring at an empty pier for the next 7+ years...
Not sure I follow you on that. The airport is pretty darn nice. Paid a visit a couple years ago. Of course the problem is there is no traffic (!) but from the standpoint of completed construction, it is up and ready.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Not sure I follow you on that. The airport is pretty darn nice. Paid a visit a couple years ago. Of course the problem is there is no traffic (!) but from the standpoint of completed construction, it is up and ready.
Well, I think his point was kinda like if someone opened a brothel loaded with beautiful young ladies in Green Valley.

They're there, looking great but no business. Sad but true.

ben21

Yeah it's definitely nice, but I was referring to the fact that it's never used. As a few of us on here have mentioned, RP needs major infrastructure work before throwing all this money at exotic projects like cruise terminals, airports, etc. If you build a nice, clean town that is safe and easy to get around, the rest will follow on it's own.

mis2810

We drove out to Playa Encanto the other day. The road to the airport is pretty beat up. We were saying how bad it would look if people were to fly in and go on their "cruise" and have to take that road out to the port or to their condo. Just doesn't make sense at all.

Terry C

That road has been a mess for a long time. They fill the pot holes from a wheel barrow and pack it with a shovel. The big trucks then tear it up again. I heard it's a fight between federal and state who is responsible for fixing it.

Best part about that article was the author boasting about the "success" of the airport. If this project follows the same path we'll have all be staring at an empty pier for the next 7+ years...
Naysayers are distinguished by their tendency to consistently view the glass half empty, make frequent one-way trips to negative town, and constantly emphasize the worst of a situation. They have the capacity to rant and whine for hours on end about the most insignificant inconveniences. As you can see most of these people that gave a like don't live here, Try driving down south and see how nice it is.

Kenny

Naysayers are distinguished by their tendency to consistently view the glass half empty, make frequent one-way trips to negative town, and constantly emphasize the worst of a situation. They have the capacity to rant and whine for hours on end about the most insignificant inconveniences. As you can see most of these people that gave a like don't live here, Try driving down south and see how nice it is.
And I'll bet "most" of the people that gave a like have years more experience in PP than you. About 56 here.