Puerto Penasco Home Port

Kenny

I'm really good at this Geoffrey, so let me take a guess... Mmmmm by looking at your avatar you're a Irishman who drinks to much? No? OK, a Irishman on speed and steroids?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Governor Padrés to view work on Puerto Peñasco Home Port
January 13, 2014 | Filed under: News | Posted by: Sami
State Press Release:

Sonora Governor Guillermo Padrés announces he’ll be visiting Puerto Peñasco in coming days to supervise work on the Home Port, work on which is already underway. He notes the project will benefit not just this municipality but other points within the Sea of Cortez, including Guaymas.

The Puerto Peñasco Home Port, he added, sets a historic precedent not just for Sonora but for Mexico as it will be the first of its kind nationally. The local Home Port is anticipated to go into operation in 2015.

“We estimate during the first years we’ll have about half a million “cruise-goers” going through Puerto Peñasco, which is why this is a very important topic for the State, for Guaymas, and for Puerto Peñasco,” he commented.

Sonora anticipates a good year overall in the area of tourism, furthered Governor Padrés, with a rebound in hotel occupancy given actions such as the Convention Center in Puerto Peñasco, the Historic Center of Nogales, along with investments in Magdalena, Hermosillo, Álamos, Cd. Obregon, and communities in the mountains, among others.

“We are going to continue investing in order to boost tourism in the State. We are building tourism centers, such as that of Mazocahui and that of the Yaquis in Obregón; we are fixing highways and doing everything necessary to welcome much more tourism,” he emphasized.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
said the idiot that thought the Iraq war was a good idea...
Yeah he seems an idiot to me too, I guess.....

Friedman has won the Pulitzer Prize three times:

• 1983: for his coverage of the war in Lebanon. A distinguished example of international reporting;
  • 1988: for coverage of Israel: a distinguished example of reporting on international affairs;
  • 2002: for his commentary illuminating the worldwide impact of the terrorist threat.
In addition, in 2005 he was elected as a member of the Pulitzer Prize Board.

American journalist and former civil rights litigator Glenn Greenwald, writing for Salon on July 25, 2012, commented: "His status among American elites is the single most potent fact for understanding the nation's imperial decline." (wiki quote)

jerry

Yeah he seems an idiot to me too, I guess.....

Friedman has won the Pulitzer Prize three times:

• 1983: for his coverage of the war in Lebanon. A distinguished example of international reporting;
  • 1988: for coverage of Israel: a distinguished example of reporting on international affairs;
  • 2002: for his commentary illuminating the worldwide impact of the terrorist threat.
In addition, in 2005 he was elected as a member of the Pulitzer Prize Board.

American journalist and former civil rights litigator Glenn Greenwald, writing for Salon on July 25, 2012, commented: "His status among American elites is the single most potent fact for understanding the nation's imperial decline." (wiki quote)
constantly wrong on the biggest issues of out time and worse yet a really boring writer.
http://glenngreenwald.blogspot.com/2006/12/tom-friedman-disease-consumes.html. Had to check what Greenwald really thinks about Friedman.....and the answer is he thinks Tom is an idiot.

Last edited:
Reactions: ron

jerry

The Whales will suffer ....Just got the rundown from unnamed local environmentalists ( fear payback) who believes this will be blow to the Sea of Cortez and will effect the beach and tidal pools on Sandy beach
Here is some factual information that'll make you cringe. The below excerpts were sourced from Oceana.org's U.S. Laws and Regulations, and illustrate just how loose environmental regulations on cruise ships are:

"The average cruise ship with 3000 passengers and crew generates about 30,000 gallons of human waste and 255,000 gallons of non-sewage gray water every day.

"Cruise ships are allowed to release treated sewage almost anywhere they sail. They are also permitted to release untreated gray water - non-sewage wastewater from galleys, dishwashers, baths, sinks, showers, and laundries - anywhere they sail, except Alaska.

"Cruise ships can also lawfully release untreated sewage, or black water, anywhere beyond three miles from the shore (except in vervain areas of Alaska).

Last edited:

mis2810

The Whales will suffer ....Just got the rundown from unnamed local environmentalists ( fear payback) who believes this will be blow to the Sea of Cortez and will effect the beach and tidal pools on Sandy beach
Here is some factual information that'll make you cringe. The below excerpts were sourced from Oceana.org's U.S. Laws and Regulations, and illustrate just how loose environmental regulations on cruise ships are:

"The average cruise ship with 3000 passengers and crew generates about 30,000 gallons of human waste and 255,000 gallons of non-sewage gray water every day.

"Cruise ships are allowed to release treated sewage almost anywhere they sail. They are also permitted to release untreated gray water - non-sewage wastewater from galleys, dishwashers, baths, sinks, showers, and laundries - anywhere they sail, except Alaska.

"Cruise ships can also lawfully release untreated sewage, or black water, anywhere beyond three miles from the shore (except in vervain areas of Alaska).
That's assuming there will ever actually be 3,000 people on a ship leaving out of the Home Port. I just don't see it happening. The airport's been open how long now? Where are all the people flying in?

Terry C

This is a post I read on facebook

PORT NEWS: The local Home Port is anticipated to go into operation in 2015.

“We estimate during the first years we’ll have about half a million “cruise-goers” going through Puerto Peñasco, which is why this is a very important topic for the State, for Guaymas, and for Puerto Peñasco,” said Governor Padres.

ben21

I almost spit out my coffee when I read that 500,000 number... Now that they're dumping rocks in the ocean, what cruise lines have signed up to ship out? I remember reading that Holland America originally had plans 7 years ago, but then backed out.

And how are all those people going to get to RP? The once a week flight from Hermosillo and Vegas would fill up what, 2% of one of those ships?

From what I recall, this home port was geared towards the Mexican Nationals. It would allow them a means to take a cruise without having to go too far and not have to travel into the US. Of course there would be US travelers as well.

mis2810

A bit OT: See Todd's post above. What's with the "anonymous" liking now? All it says is "1 person likes this." Not saying nobody should like what he said, I've just never seen the anonymous "like" before.

IggyAZ

I see The Reef Bar is still open for now. How about The Reef RV Park? Is it still operational?
Their website is down.

Roberto

A bit OT: See Todd's post above. What's with the "anonymous" liking now? All it says is "1 person likes this." Not saying nobody should like what he said, I've just never seen the anonymous "like" before.
Well you know with the acid comments you prolly scared a lot of people. I mean like what will you think of next ??:eek::eek::eek::eek::p:p

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I see The Reef Bar is still open for now. How about The Reef RV Park? Is it still operational?
Their website is down.
We are still booking rvs into the Reef RV park, no problems operationally I will post when it becomes an issue which I dont foresee as of now!