Puerto Penasco Home Port

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
As things work out on this I don't think I would calling the demise of a multi million dollar government approved project just because you don't see it going the way you would do it if you could. Lot's of moving pieces, bound to be problems but this is not a pipe dream this is a major deal. I guess it makes for interesting post if you can observe that it is a failed project in your opinion. Let' see what happens

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
As things work out on this I don't think I would calling the demise of a multi million dollar government approved project just because you don't see it going the way you would do it if you could. Lot's of moving pieces, bound to be problems but this is not a pipe dream this is a major deal. I guess it makes for interesting post if you can observe that it is a failed project in your opinion. Let' see what happens

In the same way that you speak well of it. You're an idealist and this is a discussion forum so both view points are welcome and relevant.

Kenny

You guys hate Mike (the writer)because he almost got the waitress killed in Penance by hitmen....good. reason but
he is a good guy.
I didn't even look to see who wrote it Jerry. I just thought the style got in the way and distracted from the story.

jerry

In the same way that you speak well of it. You're an idealist and this is a discussion forum so both view points are welcome and relevant.
hillboys on the scene report that there is a truck driver strike because the loafers actually expect to be paid for their labor reinforces the previous news story that one of the most corrupt companies in Mexico is involved in the project.The environmental reports were a white wash according to two other sources.
On another front http://www.cruiselawnews.com/. Sort of explains why the homeport is happening.Cruise Ships can dock safely outside of US law,board Americans and still pay the 500 bucks a month some crew members take home on these slave ships.

playaperro

El Pirata
hillboys on the scene report that there is a truck driver strike because the loafers actually expect to be paid for their labor reinforces the previous news story that one of the most corrupt companies in Mexico is involved in the project.The environmental reports were a white wash according to two other sources.
On another front http://www.cruiselawnews.com/. Sort of explains why the homeport is happening.Cruise Ships can dock safely outside of US law,board Americans and still pay the 500 bucks a month some crew members take home on these slave ships.
LOL, No truck strike, waiting on an explosive permit from the army, been parked for 3 weeks....reef.jpg

Playaperro was this Pic from today and was their not all the trucks sitting with their drivers? also one week ago they were drilling getting ready to blast but also heard that the people in Lauguna Shores had been hearing blasting but I have not heard anything in Cholla will be going down on Thurs. I hate rumors as bad as anyone and would not just start one if I believe it not to be true.

Ok .20 cents per ton x 26 ton= $5.00 per load 1 hour for the round trip, trucks burn aprox. 4 gal per hour x 4.00 per gal = $16.00 for fuel and they receive only only $5.00 per load. Sorry not trying to be a smart Ass but this can not work the numbers just don't work. Again were these Pic taken today!!!

playaperro

El Pirata
Ok .20 cents per ton x 26 ton= $5.00 per load 1 hour for the round trip, trucks burn aprox. 4 gal per hour x 4.00 per gal = $16.00 for fuel and they receive only only $5.00 per load. Sorry not trying to be a smart Ass but this can not work the numbers just don't work. Again were these Pic taken today!!!
Where does it say they are paying per load? It is the price they are selling the rock for. You will see the scales when and if ever you post a pic, funny how we have people posting and don't even know the area, calling strikes and such. The pic was taken Monday!

Plaperro you said they are paying 20 cents per ton the trucks haul aprox. 25 ton in the large trucks $.20 x 25 ton comes to $5.00 per load Their is no way they can haul for that amount It will be interesting to find out what they really are being paid for their trucking I will try and find out Fri. but remember some things get lost in the translation.

Where does it say they are paying per load? It is the price they are selling the rock for. You will see the scales when and if ever you post a pic, funny how we have people posting and don't even know the area, calling strikes and such. The pic was taken Monday!
Who is selling the rock @ $.20 per ton? The Quarry? The contractor? Even if they meant $2.00 per ton it will not pay their expenses we buy haul rock in the states for aprox. $20.00 ton depending on the haul time. All I was trying to do was show how much a load cost

Who is selling the rock @ $.20 per ton? The Quarry? The contractor? Even if they meant $2.00 per ton it will not pay their expenses we buy haul rock in the states for aprox. $20.00 ton depending on the haul time. All I was trying to do was show how much a load cost

Thursday afternoon stopped by talked to truck driver said they have not been paid again all trucks sitting at the entrance to the site. Spoke with someone who seems to be informed said two reasons no work is going on is that number one no pay for the trucks and they have run out of rock. They have their permit now for the blasting but they are waiting for blasting caps. Would you not think a project of this size that before you start you would have all this in place before you start hell this is not rocket science. Duh! dig up a mountain and you don't need to blast. When I figure out how to up load a Pic. I will send some.

I was down there 2 days ago and snapped a few pics. Doesn't really shed any light on the situation but thought you might like to see them if you aren't in RP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk