Puerto Penasco Home Port

jerry

It's going to get done. Yes, some will get scewed... However it will get done. Its the federal, state and local baby that has too much attention.

The screwing of others happens everywhere. In the US we are just better at conceiling it and making it sound like a win for everyone.
Ringing endorsement there Mr. Cynic. You would expect a lawyer to stand up for the rule of law.I am more hopeful for the future of the Mexican people myself.

Last edited:
So all this makes you happy? Now you want to compare this to our corrupt government. And all you have to say is somebody is going to get screwed it will get built!!!

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Its nothing new to see the wealthy take advantage of the less financially fortunate. Of course it's horrible. But it's been going on for a long time on this side of the world.... Just ask the native Americans. The letter of the law is often a moving target with subjective interpretation in many cases. Don't forget that all it takes is an innocent mistake for someone to get screwed (ex. someone in charge makes an error on a contract that affects the workers at the bottom of the ladder)... Happens all the time and yes it is horrible. It's the way the law has worked for centuries (or at least been abused in a variety of ways).

Last edited:
I've lived and worked in Nogales for over ten years now and I'm very amused by and sense of indignity/shock/outrage/disbelief over any kind of 'irregularities' that might be going on in a public works project in Mexico. Ask ANY Mexican about what really happens when the gov't builds a bridge or a road or whatever. Its commonplace on EVERY project that happens. The whole cruise ship/ breakwater/ jetty might be a terrible idea, but the fact thats its execution is riddled with corruption/delays/confusion should not be shocking to anyone with a familiarity with Mexico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenny

Its nothing new to see the wealthy take advantage of the less financially fortunate. Of course it's horrible. But it's been going on for a long time on this side of the world.... Just ask the native Americans. The letter of the law is often a moving target with subjective interpretation in many cases. Don't forget that all it takes is an innocent mistake for someone to get screwed (ex. someone in charge makes an error on a contract that affects the workers at the bottom of the ladder)... Happens all the time and yes it is horrible. It's the way the law has worked for centuries (or at least been abused in a variety of ways).
A grade school teacher was asking students what their parents did for a living. "Tim, you be first," she said. "What does your mother do all day?"
Tim stood up and proudly said, "She's a doctor."
"That's wonderful. How about you, Amie?"
Amie shyly stood up, scuffed her feet and said, "My father is a mailman."
"Thank you, Amie," said the teacher. "What about your father, Billy?" Billy proudly stood up and announced, "My daddy plays piano in a whorehouse."
The teacher was aghast and promptly changed the subject to geography. Later that day she went to Billy's house and rang the bell. Billy's father answered the door. The teacher explained what his son had said and demanded an explanation.
Billy's father said, "I'm actually an attorney. How can I explain a thing like that to a seven-year-old?

Roberto

There are FAR to many attorney jokes but I will post my favorite one to the Joke thread so as to avoid commiting a 'Jerry' here !!

jerry

ShareTweet+ 1Mail

"Until the very end" come domperos Puerto Penasco, Sonora to demand the payment for 4 months demand for his work on the construction of the Home Port, by Granvision (GRAVI), construction property "entrepreneur" Luis Cano.

Puerto Penasco, Sonora -. "Until the very end" domperos reach Puerto Penasco, Sonora to demand payment for 4 months demand for his work on the construction of the Home Port, by Granvision (GRAVI), property construction "entrepreneur" Luis Cano, still remembered in the BCS left unfinished development in La Paz Mogote.

The work of Home Port, by the Sonoran Alfredo Vergara who in turn responds to the promoter paceño Paraiso del Mar development, is indebted to the neck with construction workers, especially with domperos, who say bankruptcy.

Mr. Anselmo Estrada, dompero said, "we asked is we pay what we must, and once this happens we do not know if we can keep working, do not want the work of the Home Port is gone, and if this happens, do not want to throw blame us because we are the most affected and least guilty because we are completely bankrupt, we already four months without receiving any payment for our work. "

Mr. Anselmo Estrada, dompero said, "we asked is we pay what we must, and once this happens we do not know if we can keep working, do not want the work of the Home Port is gone, and if this happens, do not want to throw blame us because we are the most affected and least guilty because we are completely bankrupt, we already four months without receiving any payment for our work. "

He also said, "Most of us have credit cards to the top, we had to pawn some personal belongings, we are practically at the street;we have to be about a 35,000 meters together. So far they have not told us anything we do not know if they are going to pay, but we will continue until we solve this problem, because, well, we have to go, in the city there are no jobs, so which will continue our protest, "he said.

On the other hand, said "everything you have told us Alfredo Vergara is a lie, he project owner is believed, because he said he is bringing people out, arguing that is helping, we know that he is giving them jobs here where we are starving, he is helping people who bring cars in 2014 to a place where our cars have over 20 years of useful life, we maintain as we can, but how is it that people have a chance economic this working? ".

No longer willing to believe more lies and your employer Alfredo Vergara Luis Cano, domperos, as Mr Luis Escobedo ask only that "those responsible for the work to hurry to get our problem, because we have almost four months without payment, we need the work, and if you follow the construction of the Home Port, ask fair rates ", knowing that, it appears that the" Developer "and laid their hands on the juicy advance but not allocated to pay employees or suppliers.

Finally, the construction worker said "these days and if we do not resolve, we will continue our sit-in until we solve the problem;also, if it becomes necessary, we will go to the streets to press Peñasco to get paid. "

"All of us are heavily indebted, for example, I owe to local trade, I have diesel, spare parts, tires ... have not taken the livelihood of our homes, and we are almost out of work, so we will continue on fighting" emphasized the worker who sees his economic stability and their livelihood is lost in a black hole Luis Cano opened, as it did when it began to build his "paradise" in the South Californian capital.

Jerry they do not care who gets hurt remember they said it will get built or not let them do their job. Well their is no job for the truckers now.

jerry

Jerry they do not care who gets hurt remember they said it will get built or not let them do their job. Well their is no job for the truckers now.

Hillboy, it blows my mind that the boosters of this project just say "oh well that is how the game is played in Mexico" when the fact of the matter is a group of bad actors are running this thing.It is pure rascim to put all Mexicans in the "crook"category.Look at the principals past history and if you give a damn about the Sea of Cortez you would want them replaced.The mangrove distruction at the La Paz project is sickening.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Pound your chest, pound your chest, pound your chest........at the end of the day it will be built, or it will not be built. Anything you have to say about it will not change the out come so continue to beat your chest your opinions do NOT matter. There is obviously some problems in upper management, that is not a problem exclusive to Peñasco or Mexico. It is a problem worldwide. It is NOT your problem. You are simply an observer. You, thinking you have the answers is laughable, regardless of who you are ( unless you have a financial stake in this).

Does anyone know if the cruises will sail from RP? Or they will just add RP as part of their excursions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is supposed to be a home port with cruises originating from RP.
Check back in a couple of years, we should know where this project stands and a possible completion date. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Hey Bro , just a guy who loves the Sea of Cortez....and called this one from the get go unlike a sharp guy such as yourself!
Attacking me is the same as beating your chest Jerry. We are 6 months into a multi year project you have not called anything yet.