Puerto Penasco shutting down. What have you heard?

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Now that the soap opera music has died down, let's get serious. I have a number of friends who live south of the border and I'm thinking of them often at this time and I'm confident they realize the challenges ahead. If you're still in PP and have a second home in the states, at this point in the game I'm sure you're looking hard at the area you would be retreating too. Tough choices. For both, what part of the restrictions with be the hardest to follow? I would think that because of the tight family's and friendships in PP, just having to stay away from each other should be at the top of the list. Any thoughts?
Let's just say, I'm jealous of our beach neighbors who emailed us with the news that they took refuge down there. . . .

joester

2 salty dawgs
I hope everyone who has doubted the seriousness of the covid-19 virus, has had a chance to look and see what's happening. This is getting exponentially worse by the day. Each state has its own timetable for when this peaks, however you want to measure it - deaths, hospital beds needed, ICU beds - this is just beginning to accelerate. NYC may hits its peak in 2 weeks, Arizona is predicting April 27 is the day the most hospital beds will be needed. In Kentucky, it's May 16. Mexico has a President, who very recently was bragging about how everyone should go out, enjoy, hug your friends. Now, it appears even AMLO has begun to see this more clearly, but it's spreading everywhere. Take a look at this website, and look for yourself - https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections. You can search by state if you like.
Please be safe, stay healthy, and stay away from each other.
Peace.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I hope everyone who has doubted the seriousness of the covid-19 virus, has had a chance to look and see what's happening. This is getting exponentially worse by the day. Each state has its own timetable for when this peaks, however you want to measure it - deaths, hospital beds needed, ICU beds - this is just beginning to accelerate. NYC may hits its peak in 2 weeks, Arizona is predicting April 27 is the day the most hospital beds will be needed. In Kentucky, it's May 16. Mexico has a President, who very recently was bragging about how everyone should go out, enjoy, hug your friends. Now, it appears even AMLO has begun to see this more clearly, but it's spreading everywhere. Take a look at this website, and look for yourself - https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections. You can search by state if you like.
Please be safe, stay healthy, and stay away from each other.
Peace.

Where is Steve?! Waiting for his predictable "fake news" and gaslighting...

RP Life

Well Known Member
Poor reasoning Russ. The only number you should be concerned with is how many beds and ventilators the city has. What are the hundreds of people that become ill going to do when the 1 ventilator is in use? Major US cities are running out of supplies, what does that mean for a place like RP in the middle of the desert in Sonora? Where are patients getting shipped to? Mexicali? San Luis? Hermosillo? This is about mitigating risk. How can you start to mitigate risk when AMLO is going out telling people to "hug each other"?
Well Puerto Penasco just took delivery of 5 automatic respirators and an isolation chamber

"Indicó que además también se entregó una cámara de aislamiento y cinco respiradores automáticos que se utilizarán en hospitales en caso necesario, además de que se habilitó en el Centro de Salud un módulo de detección y atención de casos sospechosos para su cuidado aislado. "
http://www.numerounoonline.com/new/index.php/noticias/puerto-penasco/8193-entrega-kiko-munro-equipo-y-material-clinico-medico-preventivo-a-instituciones-de-salud

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Well Puerto Penasco just took delivery of 5 automatic respirators and an isolation chamber

"Indicó que además también se entregó una cámara de aislamiento y cinco respiradores automáticos que se utilizarán en hospitales en caso necesario, además de que se habilitó en el Centro de Salud un módulo de detección y atención de casos sospechosos para su cuidado aislado. "
http://www.numerounoonline.com/new/index.php/noticias/puerto-penasco/8193-entrega-kiko-munro-equipo-y-material-clinico-medico-preventivo-a-instituciones-de-salud
That is good news for anyone living there that may contract the respiratory disorder.