Recycling for plastic pop and water bottles?

Jane

Hi! .. just moved here from Canada. I was wondering if there is anywhere in Rocky Point to take plastic bottles to for recycling instead of just putting them in the garbage?

Esperanza

I'm pretty sure I saw a place on the North end of town, on the main road coming in. I do know that one of the families in our community collects the glass, plastic and cans for recycling. Maybe one of the "locals" will have better info/directions.

jerry

image.jpgNumber of water bottles( never drink the orange or yellow ones) picked up in the mile of Santo Tomas beach front yesterday? 250.
Number of canteens like for example my late bros (taken off a dead vc in 64)...0. Zero

Estero

There is a recycle center on Josefa just past the Super Ley Express a bit on the right if you are going North.

There is a recycle center on Josefa just past the Super Ley Express a bit on the right if you are going North.
The CANACO (Chamber of Commerce) building is right behind the Shrimp Park in the center of town. They've got a reclycling program that will benefit the city by providing more trash receptacles. You can drop recyclables there during business hours.

azfish

View attachment 6238Number of water bottles( never drink the orange or yellow ones) picked up in the mile of Santo Tomas beach front yesterday? 250.
Number of canteens like for example my late bros (taken off a dead vc in 64)...0. Zero
If you watched dual survivor, Cody drinks the yellow ones to stay alive.

Roberto

The CANACO (Chamber of Commerce) building is right behind the Shrimp Park in the center of town. They've got a reclycling program that will benefit the city by providing more trash receptacles. You can drop recyclables there during business hours.
Rosy;
Do you happen to know what they accept to recycle? Newspaper, cardboard, plastic? Of course aluminum and brass is good for income to the program. I don't generate a lot of aluminum but I sure would drop it off there if I did.