reel hard too report

ReelHard

grouper slayer
we headed out early thursday. buoy weather was way off. it was a little bumpy and wet on the way out. 3 to 4 feet. we stopped at a closer reef on the way just to take a breather. thhat reef wasnt to productive. but we managed a couple gold spots there.

The wind finally died down and off we went. when we got to our destination. it was fish on every drop. we got some monster gold spots a yellow tail and a few ca. sheep head. and a nice baqueta grouper. we had a nice bag off fish at the end of the day.

the following day we went for it again. the weather was so much better. it was fullspeed ahead. Again we loaded up on fish including a nice red snapper and sheep head.

Attachments

don

Thanks for the report, "fish on every drop, nice!!!"
What a great trip, fish cooperating, new boat, great company, descent sea, what more could a guy (or gal) ask for?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Isn't it neat how the baqueta get the white spots on them? Mine was initially all brownish, but within a minute had the same white spots on it. Back east, they call the same fish a snowy grouper.

Glad you guys had a good, safe trip!

I sure hope Bouy is off for the week after Christmas. We will be there all week and I realy do need some good fishing days. Well may be the Toons in the Estuary.