Ric

Hi Ric
I took the boat up to Neil last evening for him to work on. You must have worked the heck out of him this weekend as he was real tired. So I put the boat in his back yard and he will work on it this next week. The dash panel in that boat is a real nightmare as there is not enough wire to pull the instruments free of the mounting panel. That may be another task. I always love the quality of engineering done by those with no concept of maintenance. I think all engineers should have to work, blue collar, 2 years, as part of their degree. Just like a Dr. internship.

By the way what is wrong with your boat ?

Be Happy Don't Worry
Bill

Don't blame the engineers...blame the management at the manufacturers....they don't want YOU working on your stuff...they just want you to replace "modules"/components, using their shops, and using special tools. There is no human factors design being done nowadays!!!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Not if you buy a Cabo. ;)

http://www.caboyachts.com/FactoryTour.ASP

In particular, watch both the Electrical and Mechanical movies. These folks put their money where their mouth is. Made in the USA and done right, engineered with maintenance in mind.

Of course, it will only cost you a cool million or two to buy a Cabo, but what the heck... it's only money!

Now that is a thing of beauty. That is the way the wiring was done in the electronics factory where I was a Buyer. Oh so long ago !
I still do it almost that way when I do a new wire job. If I do a new panel on this boat it will be set up this way.

Don't worry Be Happy
Bill

RIC

Hey Bill, glad you were able to get the boat over to neil. he will take good care of you. he is the most thorough and detail oriented boat mechanic i have ever met.

no real problem with my boat, we are just taking advantage of the windy season to do all the annual maintanance and take care of a couple other projects like adding another battery. i have had a recurring minor problem with the stator and trigger acting up a little at times ever since i have owned the boat. we replaced those as well and i think we found the problem, the manufacturer put a thick piece of foam sound deadning on the inside top of the cowl and this would press tightly against the flywheel cover. the result would be no airflow threw the vent holes on top of the cover making the stator and trigger hotter than they should be. we removed that piece of foam so now maybe i can stop having to buy a stator and trigger every year.

ric

www.RICSROCKYPOINTFISHING.COM

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
The windy season usually ends Sept.15. It starts again on Sept. 16. :lol:

This year has been a bad one as far as windy weekends. I've been trying to go fishing for the past four weeks now and every weekend has looked windy with 2-4 ft. seas (or higher). Spring wasn't much better. I'm still hoping to go this weekend (already doesn't look that great) or next.

Typically, Oct. and Nov. provide some great fishing. Cooler temps and flat water.