Ripoff on the Malecon

Landshark

Now correct me if I am wrong here. Prices say per 2 Kg. on the advertising sign,but the boxes I buy are marked 1.84 Kgs. so are we paying for 2 Kg"s or 1.84 Kg"s. It says 4 lbs on the side of box. Just wondering,Leigh
I haven't bought the boxes of shrimp so I haven't run across this. Kinda of confusing; maybe they have boxes in pounds for the Gringos! Whatever their reasoning is, they should have a price per pound column. Easy enough to convert the price, just a hassle...
kg x 2.2 = pounds ~~~~ 1.84kg x 2.2 = 4 pounds like the box says
At the time the photo of the price board was taken U10's cost $52 or 650 pesos for 2 Kilos or 4.4 pounds. After doing the math $47.28 or 592 pesos per 4lb box.
12.5 exchange rate ~~~ Better to pay with pesos!

Last edited:
If you buy when you are headed home the shrim or whatever you bnuy will still be frizen if you put into a cooler bag.
I believe yhey keep it at -12 or so. They also have cleaned Calamari. Bought some last trip and will be having it tomorrow night.
I carry a 1 lb lead ball in my oocket and it is easy to check the scale. Have it in your hand and ask them what scale they will be
using and it will be 1 lb. As far as being fresh smell it and if you can taste it. Very little smell if any and the taste is nice
and sweet tasting. You will know! I always go to the last vendor on the malechon. If you go often they will begin to know you
and likley you will get a good deal.
See you back in RP next week

Looks like I should have re read and done a SP correcrion Sorry
If you can' type and not look at the keys you nay get anything.