roads

JimMcG

Yes, that's what I figured.
I wouldn't be thrilled, if on my first trip that way, I suddenly found it was another 100 miles and didn't have the fuel to make it.
From some of the posts here, fuel options seem limited down that way.
Yes, good point.

jerry

Reworked my math and it was between 4:30 and 4:45.... Sorry. Now sasabe that will change everything

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Is Santo Tomas anything like Bahia Kino? That would be a smidgen closer than Kino too
not at all, Bahia Kino is a town of around 7k people while St Tomas is an american enclave with no more than, possibly 40 houses, no town on the area unless you drive back into the highway and into town a few miles away and no Tiburon island either!!

not at all, Bahia Kino is a town of around 7k people while St Tomas is an american enclave with no more than, possibly 40 houses, no town on the area unless you drive back into the highway and into town a few miles away and no Tiburon island either!!
Good to know the differences so people can know what to expect and to chose based upon what they want in their idea of somewhere to escape to

MIRAMAR

I wouldn't go through Sasabe- 7 people were murdered last month there- that's reason to create a new thread called Sasabe/Caborca safety warning!

jerry

FB_IMG_1447563846061.jpg
Maybe 20 Houses and a small 8 unit condo but we do have a dark night sky

jerry

Lee came back via Lukeville from Desemboque today and the road is shockingly great.14 miles North of Santo Tomas there is a 3 mile detour where the tortoise slow Coastal highway construction is progressing at a rate that will get it to the halfassed airport by 2525.still if no rain hits all will be smooth sailing.The Alduna appears to be waving cars past,no pot holes by San Jorge and a small detour by the Mayan that looks like a bad idea.The new interchange is great by RP and the Sonoyta shortcut by the pemex on ave. Sept. 16 is finished and nice....