Rocky Point Crime: Are we there yet?

Roberto

Folks, I'll see you down there one of these days. I'm working on another story this week and unable to go. I will also be gone a good bit of next week. Hence, checking in on this forum. And yes, I know Larry from contact on previous stories. Roberto, did you read my 2010 story on Rocky Point. Read it, read the others. Tell me where I was wrong.

As far as traveling, here's my latest story from Mexico: Mayor Vicente Terán: In Agua Prieta, he's go-to man
Not that you were WRONG per se. It's a matter of the emphasis that you or your editor likes. Juxtaposing statements for 'coloring', reporting stuff as fact, creating implications, beating a story to death, you know the routine. Any decent writer can create a message with other than the meaning of the words.

Roberto

What is the world coming to when I am "liking" Roberto's posts....? :har:
Hold your breath for a couple of minutes, drink a glass of water and it will go away.

Actually as I think you might agree, we see eye to eye on lots of stuff just a matter of getting there from different directions. I still love the proof of conspiracy story about the blood gushing out of the Clinton's aids body who had to have been dead for hours, that was a good one.

Just a couple observations. The police in Rocky Point deserve credit for engaging these bad guys in a shootout where they were probably outgunned. That shows alot of courage and it is horrible that one of them was killed and 2 were injured. They are risking their life for very little money and their actions in this shootout appear extremely brave. I also think the reporter Ted has guts for coming on the forum and trying to get more information. He appears to be doing his job which is to report facts and information. I like most people want the home invasion crimes to be drug related because it makes it easier to explain. The sad fact is though that sometimes bad things happen to good people and there always isn't an explanation for violent crime. Sometimes it's just bad people doing bad things.

rplarry

Lar, you have some of the worst info going. Either your friend at the city is a complete buffoon or he is a bull sheeting you. They were probably looking for you, not Babeu, when they heard you were gonna make an ass of yourself. You are the one I was refering to, in the other thread, about being in the know. When the truth comes out we will all be celebrating, with a big fricken slice of Baklava.
Thanks Carnak. Very kind words from you.

I'm just trying to be helpful and report to others on this site and provide information I have gotten from a credible source. Would it be better if I said nothing? Do you have the accurate information? Can you tell me where I am wrong? I am fine being wrong, I don't know anyone involved and did not see what happened. So, blow in the envelope Carnak and enlighten us to what transpired.

Lastly, if you have your reading glasses on, I originally stated from the my first comment that I cannot guarantee this information.

rplarry

Roberto;62079 Larry Audsley did you invite this reporter to the forum and did you feed him the tidbits to get him going? He seems to be familiar with you.[/QUOTE said:
I have no idea who this so-called reporter is.

Phx2RP

I assume the Las Conchas HOA will do something about the security at the gate. I am not sure if this is true, but from what I heard the perpetrators used a stolen car or SUV to get in which the gate security recognized and so they let them in without checking who was driving. That seems to be common practice by gate security. I also heard that the perpetrators are in custody and were not from Rocky Point, so the police have done their job. Kudos to them.

GV Jack

Snorin God
I assume the Las Conchas HOA will do something about the security at the gate. I am not sure if this is true, but from what I heard the perpetrators used a stolen car or SUV to get in which the gate security recognized and so they let them in without checking who was driving. That seems to be common practice by gate security. I also heard that the perpetrators are in custody and were not from Rocky Point, so the police have done their job. Kudos to them.
I dunno for sure but I believe I heard one of the dead perps lived in Las Conchas. Probably had the stickers and was let through. I'll probably have more of a problem in September when I go to the rental.

rplarry

The guards in Las Conchas are useless in my opinion. They cannot be fired because of their union affiliation and can be bought off for a Reggie's donut or burrito.

They are tough on fireworks on the beach and non-stickered atv's entering into the community, but if you have 'bad guys' or thieves with a bribe coming in, then it's just... let 'em through.

playaperro

El Pirata
The guards in Las Conchas are useless in my opinion. They cannot be fired because of their union affiliation and can be bought off for a Reggie's donut or burrito.

They are tough on fireworks on the beach and non-stickered atv's entering into the community, but if you have 'bad guys' or thieves with a bribe coming in, then it's just... let 'em through.
They have photo's and camera's, videotape of everyone coming through in a vehicle, what good is a bribe if your going to get busted, security has been real tight since there were a few larceny's. The so called masked bandits were on the property and never left. also video of everyone leaving, yeah blame the guards, defenseless on here..

rplarry

They have photo's and camera's, videotape of everyone coming through in a vehicle, what good is a bribe if your going to get busted, security has been real tight since there were a few larceny's. The so called masked bandits were on the property and never left.
I'm more talking in general. There has been so much burglary, etc over the past few years right under the guards noses. Every time there is a salary dispute, it kind of strange that the break-ins and theft increases. I guess it's just a coincidence.

playaperro

El Pirata
I'm more talking in general. There has been so much burglary, etc over the past few years right under the guards noses. Every time there is a salary dispute, it kind of strange that the break-ins and theft increases. I guess it's just a coincidence.
What else are you going to bitch about?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
They have photo's and camera's, videotape of everyone coming through in a vehicle, what good is a bribe if your going to get busted, security has been real tight since there were a few larceny's. The so called masked bandits were on the property and never left. also video of everyone leaving, yeah blame the guards, defenseless on here..
I mentioned in one of my first post's, AC some of the scoundrels lived in Las Conchas. The guards had nothing to do with it. Beside that there are other way's to drive into Las Conchas, without going thru the guard gate. I have driven to to dunes on the end of Las Conchas, many times from the estuary side.

Last edited: