Rocky Point Ramblings

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I am just gonna throw it out there to forum members. If you love Rocky Point Ramblings and you want to see it on air for a long time and if you have, or know someone that has a business that would benefit by being promoted to our listeners, both English and Spanish in the only all English Program in Sonora Radio please have them contact me about being a sponsor of the show.

We have a huge audience in Penasco and the surrounding areas including but not limited to Sonoyta, Caborca, El Golfo, etc. Our listeners love the uniqueness of the show. We are not not limited to Sonora by any means as we broadcast the show "LIVE" on the internet every time we are on.

Special packages are available for English Only, Spanish Only or a combination of both (the best option)

We are also the major sponsor of the Tiburones baseball team and will be broadcastin Monday Wednesday and Friday games live.

Be a part of it, be a sponsor of your favorite radio program "LIVE from Puerto Penasco Sonora Mexico!

mondone

Whitecaps
Hope to see Podcast available some day. Can't always listen online at broadcast time when back here in Arizona.

Roberto

We have a huge audience in Penasco and the surrounding areas including but not limited to Sonoyta, Caborca, El Golfo, etc. Our listeners love the uniqueness of the show. We are not not limited to Sonora by any means as we broadcast the show "LIVE" on the internet every time we are on.

Special packages are available for English Only, Spanish Only or a combination of both (the best option)

You say you have a huge audience in Penasco and environs, tell us about your numbers, and how you get them. I assume there is no Arbitron. Also what are your rates? It's typical, all other equal, to buy a broadcast audience by cost divided by size, or Cost Per Thousand CPM.

You say you have a huge audience in Penasco and environs, tell us about your numbers, and how you get them. I assume there is no Arbitron. Also what are your rates? It's typical, all other equal, to buy a broadcast audience by cost divided by size, or Cost Per Thousand CPM.
Russ is the ad guy, so maybe he has the answers to this stuff, but I'm curious...what is an Arbitron? At our last meeting with station managers, they promised to provide us the demographics information.

Roberto

Arbitron is a method to determine radio listening audiences for stations and programs, data is compiled from direct diaries keep by a sample of listeners in the area. Each person selected to get a book keeps track of listening behavior 24 hours a day. The data are then compiled by hour, day part, station, sex, age, etc. Stations set their spot rates based on the numbers. Advertisers buy "people" by the thousands of listeners, like you buy hamburger by the pound. Stations with the target demographic of a specific advertiser and the best cost per thousand listeners get the buy. More simply put, it's how you know how many people are actually listening and what station has your demographic. Absent ratings they will use area resident demographics, usually taken from the govt. census, which tell you how many people actually live in the coverage area of the station. That has some utility but doesn' t tell you how many people in that universe, if anyone, is actually listening to a station or a program.

I was once offered $30,000 from a local radio station for an arbitron book during sweeps, if I could find one !!

Arbitron is a method to determine radio listening audiences for stations and programs, data is compiled from direct diaries keep by a sample of listeners in the area. Each person selected to get a book keeps track of listening behavior 24 hours a day. The data are then compiled by hour, day part, station, sex, age, etc. Stations set their spot rates based on the numbers. Advertisers buy "people" by the thousands of listeners, like you buy hamburger by the pound. Stations with the target demographic of a specific advertiser and the best cost per thousand listeners get the buy. More simply put, it's how you know how many people are actually listening and what station has your demographic. Absent ratings they will use area resident demographics, usually taken from the govt. census, which tell you how many people actually live in the coverage area of the station. That has some utility but doesn' t tell you how many people in that universe, if anyone, is actually listening to a station or a program.

I was once offered $30,000 from a local radio station for an arbitron book during sweeps, if I could find one !!
Aw, man...this is much more complex than simply knowing we have a huge audience because I can't jump into a cab without the cabbie recognizing my voice, huh?. In all fairness, a big part of our audience is there thanks to Russ' efforts on Facebook and the www.rpcal.com live feed.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
FYI, I was listening to 106.1 in San Felipe last week, I never would have guessed.
please clarify that for me, you were listening to 106.1, did you here us or someone else? If we are reaching San Felipe that is a great thing i didnt know about

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Russ, I was there Tuesday and Wednesday, so no I didn't hear you. One of the buttons on my radio is for 106.1 and when I pushed it I couldn't beleive it crystal clear. A big bus tour thru the farmland of SAn Luis and the Valle de Mexicali down to San Felipe would be a beaut. What a nice trip I had. I had an offer on my house and went over to check it out. Sad for me to sell it but we dont go to much anymore.

Last edited:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
106.1 Turned the radio on right about El Chinero, the road that cuts off to Ensenada maybe 40 miles north of San Felipe and got the signal.

playaperro

El Pirata
Saw your pic's russ on facebook before someone unfriended me... with eduardo and his wife in the studio, nice...? for u, they are bring children from canada to study the ocean i have missed your show..

Saw your pic's russ on facebook before someone unfriended me... with eduardo and his wife in the studio, nice...? for u, they are bring children from canada to study the ocean i have missed your show..
Hey Playa, did you get de-friended on our Facebook page? Accidentally?

Una bola de problemas y pendientes aqui. Car problems (again) and various...crap. Good to see you, though.

playaperro

El Pirata
Una bola de problemas y pendientes aqui. Car problems (again) and various...crap. Good to see you, though.
"Que Dios Te Bendiga" I never thought it would get this bad, the economy, with holy week coming up most of the rentals are full, I hope things turn aroung for
penasco and us...