Rocky Point Tourism and Visitor Assistance Bureau

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Holy cow - what a day.
I had a 3 1/2 hour meeting with Rosie today about the new Tourism Bureau. We also had the Vice Mayor of Penasco Noe Banagce there as well. He assured us that the city of Penasco is totally behind our efforts to bring a new face to the business community of Penasco. Not only the businesses but to visitors as well.

Think about this, if you had a place you could call if you had a problem in Penasco and they could help you resolve the issue, if you had questions about the city administration and how it affects you and you could call someone to help answer these, if you are thinking about opening a business in Penasco and need assistance and help planning the best way to do it, and all of this could be handled in English and with one phone call, what is it worth? I will tell you! TONS!

The new tourism bureau is a collective group of professionals that are determined to get the job of positive promotion about business and living in Mexico, specifically Puerto Penasco out to the public at large.

It is brand new. It is made up of professional people donating their time and other goods to make it happen. If you own, or manage a business, time share, condo. If you have any business in Puerto Penasco you owe it to yourself to be a member of this new bureau.

We are building the framework of the organization right now and will have something together very soon. It will happen with you or without you but we prefer to have you with us.

First thing on the agenda, a trade show for travel agents and companies in Las Vegas at the end of September. Join us and see how you can prosper!

We have 3 trade shows scheduled at this point and will add more when they are available. We need you to join us so we can help you!

Please add your comments on what you want to see happen for business in Penasco

RB

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Rosie, it was great meeting you and Manny yesterday, we loved the ideas that you shared with us and we know that Playa Mirador will florish again as well as the rest of PP!!!

Bob Oso

Holy cow - what a day.
I had a 3 1/2 hour meeting with Rosie today about the new Tourism Bureau. We also had the Vice Mayor of Penasco Noe Banagce there as well. He assured us that the city of Penasco is totally behind our efforts to bring a new face to the business community of Penasco. Not only the businesses but to visitors as well.

Think about this, if you had a place you could call if you had a problem in Penasco and they could help you resolve the issue, if you had questions about the city administration and how it affects you and you could call someone to help answer these, if you are thinking about opening a business in Penasco and need assistance and help planning the best way to do it, and all of this could be handled in English and with one phone call, what is it worth? I will tell you! TONS!

The new tourism bureau is a collective group of professionals that are determined to get the job of positive promotion about business and living in Mexico, specifically Puerto Penasco out to the public at large.

It is brand new. It is made up of professional people donating their time and other goods to make it happen. If you own, or manage a business, time share, condo. If you have any business in Puerto Penasco you owe it to yourself to be a member of this new bureau.

We are building the framework of the organization right now and will have something together very soon. It will happen with you or without you but we prefer to have you with us.

First thing on the agenda, a trade show for travel agents and companies in Las Vegas at the end of September. Join us and see how you can prosper!

We have 3 trade shows scheduled at this point and will add more when they are available. We need you to join us so we can help you!

Please add your comments on what you want to see happen for business in Penasco

RB

Like was said before, its a start in the right direction. But let me ask you this. On this forum are two members that are going through a living he!! with a couple schucksters that are for the most part ripping them off blind. The one member has repeatedly requested help from the "Penasco administration", only to fall on death ears, and receive nothing more than a shoulder shrugg, and not my responsibility answer. Would your Visitors Assistance Bureau be able to have any influance on the out come of these issues?

I know them and their situation will be careful what I say here so as not to tip my hand or theirs. If I don't speak publicly about their plight, it is for that reason. They aren't the only ones. I was ripped off by former mayor Ramon Martinez. He took $100,000 USD from me and now owes me almost $200,000! I have an attorney and intend to collect. In addition, there is a labor lawsuit that will cost him even more than that figure.
I choose to believe that the legal system will run its course and am optimistic, but I also believe that I can't use the fact that I'm as visible as I am to try to speed that up in a public manner. For example, I've never written in my paper about the issue.
Yes, to a certain extent people would have a place to go to register a complaint and/or get access to government officials, but what the general public doesn't know is that even without a tourism bureau...the girls have had that. Sheryl...care to elaborate? I'll leave it up to you.
Oso, the short answer to your question is yes. Some people already come to me when they have an issue. This is just a way to take that service to more people, more openly, and to have local authorities on the team helping to make things happen. It's called leverage.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Can you ask for anything more than a woman who believes in truth and justice and is not afraid to speak her mind? With Rosie, you get the truth, not some watered down, political version. If you want someone to tell you that you don't look fat in that dress (or pants, sorry guys), go somewhere else because Rosie is going to tell it like it is. Once one is certain they are being dealt with honestly, the rest falls into place. Rosie deals with you honestly - like it or not...and I like it.

Sheryl

And the winner rolling away with the Harley is.............??????
jgatthesea!! There was a full house at Latitude 31 and they were getting restless for the raffle. I knew Telemundo was coming and a reporter from a biker magazine had said she'd try to make it, so we tried to drag it out until they got there, but everyone was tired and wanted the raffle. Louis, the former owner of the bike pulled the ticket out of the hopper, and the winners are Joe and Greg! Congratulations, guys! I won't say more, although some of you here know their intentions. I'll let Greg fill you in. Thank you to everyone who participated, who bought tickets or helped get the word out. And to those of you who were with us on Saturday night for the drawing. Gracias!

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
Yep the lucky winners of the bike are the people of Puerto Peñasco. We have already committed to the fact that is will be used to PIF (pay-it-forward) to help obtain hemodialysis equipment for Rocky Point and we will be working with the DIF, First Lady, Rosie, and medical equipment companies to make sure we see it happen. Details to come as we find the best way to maximize it to benefit the community of Puerto Peñasco. A community of this size and need should not be lacking such a vital and life changing service, a hemodialysis center. This bike can be a HUGE part of the puzzle to get it that changed. This is why I believe in the power of PIF (pay-it-forward)... the limits are never ending.

Last edited:

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
oh and if anyone wants the bike that has $10,500 (or even better $11,100 to cover shipping for the dialysis equipment to the border) its yours! I already have quote/offer from AZ company here that will sell us 2 hemodialysis machines & water filtration system to run them, a 3 year parts & warranty on all three machines, and packaging and shipping to the border. Just saying I can dream!

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
CORRECTION: re-read my email from the company

"...Provided that you can produce your 501(c) tax exemption certificate, we can offer (2) Fresenius 2008H machines and (1) ZyzaTech 704 Reverse Osmosis machine for $8,000 USD, plus freight. This price includes crating and a three year parts warranty for all three pieces, which would otherwise would be $10,500, plus freight. The same package for 2008K would be $15,000, versus $17,500."

so I stand corrected, if you or anyone you know have $8,000 laying around (+ the $600 for shipping to the border per the quote I was told from FreightQuote.com from the seller) the bike could actually be had for $8,600 with use of the DIF's 501 (c) information.

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
I see this is on a very old post and under "general" and not "charitable activities" section but I was just replying .. sorry about that