Rocky Point: Your thoughts on visiting, azcentral.com

Please tell me you're kidding about not knowing the difference between a Mexican and a Puerto Rican, or "even a Latin American".
Rosy....I'm not even going to touch this left turn from the current thread....it would go way beyond not being politically correct!!!!:rofl::aagh:

Kenny

I thought I smelled a electrical fire somewhere in the house, and then I realized it was just Rosie.

RP Joe, kidding aside it was in Jest. Do not think Phoenicians understand the Prejudice against PR, but they are American citizens.
The situation with Puerto Rico is that they have voted against statehood at least a couple of time...there were even movements trying to leave the US (as a territory). There were so many Puerto Ricans coming to New York, that there were an abundance of flights to/from the Caribbean, making the airfares ridiculously low! (back in the 60's and 70's).

BTW....a Puerto Rican accent is different than a Mexican accent when speaking English!!!:stir: But then again, so is a good ole boy from Alabama's accent different than normal English!!!

Last edited:

Kenny

BTW....a Puerto Rican accent is different than a Mexican accent when speaking English!!!:stir:
Give me a second on this straight line Joe. There's so many good comebacks, I'm going to have to make it multiple choice.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Kenny, Thanks... ??? Ouch, La Bamba, mi Maria, .... but my thought was will the Officer of the peace care if you show a valid Birth certificate?

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Only if you sing off key.
... I am completely confused... Rosy, Kenny, Joe, do you think a "person of Mexican descent" would be so offended to use a Puerto Rican Paper to show legality, while knowing he was illegal?

Rosy, this pertains to an illegal resident in the USA, not a Mexicans in Mex. Remember that Arizona is very strict on any profiling. You show papers you HAVE to be presumed an American. That is the LAW.

... I am completely confused... Rosy, Kenny, Joe, do you think a "person of Mexican descent" would be so offended to use a Puerto Rican Paper to show legality, while knowing he was illegal?

Rosy, this pertains to an illegal resident in the USA, not a Mexicans in Mex. Remember that Arizona is very strict on any profiling. You show papers you HAVE to be presumed an American. That is the LAW.
Law Schmaw, you said you can't tell Puerto Ricans from Mexicans because they speak Spanish and don't speak English well. Then you further stepped in it by saying something about how it's also difficult to tell them from Latin Americans. You walked right into the "they all look/sound alike" bramble-bush, didn't you?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yeah Rosie,
I was thinking something along the lines of the pot and the kettle here, too!:aagh:

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
You said:

When the Mexicans leave, who will they blame for their problems?
I think I off the cuff stated, Puerto Ricans!

Why? It is very easy to get a Birth Certificate from PR. And I followed that most will not see a difference between a Mexican and a Latin American including the PR. And the Law in AZ will not care as long as you have a legal document.

I guess you can tell the difference in regionality of Spanish descent people, but I still do not think this is true to most in Arizona.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
and still do not see how it would be derogatory to a Spanish person, if anything it would be derogatory to an American.
The American would show his ignorance of not knowing the difference and the Mexican the wiser.... yes? No?

playaperro

El Pirata
and still do not see how it would be derogatory to a Spanish person, if anything it would be derogatory to an American.
The American would show his ignorance of not knowing the difference and the Mexican the wiser.... yes? No?
The American is showing his ignorance!!!!