??s about entering/exiting Rocky Point

Landshark

What is an enhanced Drivers License?
Did the Puerto Penasco police enhance mine during my visit at Centro Station?
Enhanced Driver's Licenses are not offered in Arizona.
http://www.azleg.gov//FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/49leg/1r/bills/hb2426h.htm&Session_ID=87
"This state shall not participate in the implementation of an enhanced driver license program to satisfy the requirements of the federal western hemisphere travel initiative or the real ID act of 2005 (P.L. 109‑13, Division B; 119 Stat. 302). The department shall not implement an enhanced driver license program and shall report to the governor and the legislature any attempt by agencies or agents of the United States department of homeland security to secure the implementation of an enhanced driver license program through the operations of the United States department of homeland security.

Apparently the great State of Arizona doesn't think much of WHTI either!!

GV, Only you were enhanced during your "visit!"

Roberto

I still believe the passport issue was the death knell for Spring Break. The time required to apply, having to plan ahead and costing the total beer budget for some college students ! Not cooperating was a way for parents to keep their child out of Mexico as well.

In the beginning, I think it was terrorist watch. After 9-11, everything changed.
Then it seemed as if helped when crossing back over to speed up the process since the cards are RF chipped.
Just get the passport card. It's good for 10 years.

BootNHat

When working with law enforcement in Maricopa county a few years ago, only NM and WA state drivers license were not legitimate proof of citizenship. Believe me, they know at the border.

Shouldn't be a surprise given all that is going on with terrorists. Too bad they can't put x-ray devices that scan the open border so people coming through a port of entry don't get caught up in the show and tell effort.

UPDATE: The customs agents was a complete jerk crossing back in Lukeville. Seriously he was an a-hole to us. He also told me I needed my kids original birth certificates to cross back when we had the copies with us.
I hate it when I read stories of Customs officers who forget how to interact with people appropriately. It almost makes my blood boil as it is completely uncalled for.