Safe in Puerto Penasco?

Is it safe in Puerto Penasco?

• Total voters

Kea

The Oasis Restaurant just west of Austin is very nice. Haven't been there in a couple of years. Everybody applauds as the sun sets on the lake. Of course, I seriously doubt many of them have seen a Peñasco sunset.

(Sorry - had to edit. When I first read the post I thought you were referring to The Oasis Restaurant. But we do live in Austin. So, it's not too bad here. Just wish they'd stop building so many toll roads. But I digress.)

Last edited:

ben21

Oh - Did we "have" to go there?:(
I was just kidding... Although any new visitor asking about safety probably does need to know all the facts. Tough to just sweep that incident under the rug. Everybody's perception of what is safe is different. For me, I refuse to visit or take family to areas where tourists are being targeted for things other than random pick pockets, etc. So far we've been fortunate that none of this violence has targeted Americans. As long as that stays the same, then RP is safe to me and I'll continue to visit.

The flip side, take somebody that hasn't been going down since they were a kid, doesn't speak Spanish, doesn't know the route from Sonoyta. On top of that reads about a helicopter attack on a resort popular with Americans just two months ago. What do you think their perception of how safe it is to drive their family down? That can all seem overwhelming and easily take the fun out of a trip. Easy to say, screw that, we're going to San Diego.

Banana boat killed a guy,old lady drowned on that idiots dinner cruise boat,my friend John drowned in 1983..........car accidents are your greatest threat ....after going down for 40 years and doing everything wrong whenever possibled(well I have dodged Mikes transvestitesi hookers) I think it is cool...well except those pesky Kidney theives are awful at spring break....
The way I heard it, that banana boat guy was drunk and insisted on swimming back to shore. The banana boat didn't kill him...more like he killed himself.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yeah Hillboy, I know you think it's funny but trust me. You don't ever want to have liver failure......The only good that came out of it was that I lost 90 pounds.....

TICO-T

I take Milk Thistle 2 capsules of 175 mg in the morning and the same before bed. I take a statin drug (crestor) and I drink alcohol. I have been using this product since 1997 and my liver function/health is just fine. I learned about this product from Dr. Andrew Weil in Tucson. You can buy the product at Fry's Foods, Target, or buy mail order from Puritan Pride. 1-800-645-1030

Yeah Hillboy, I know you think it's funny but trust me. You don't ever want to have liver failure......The only good that came out of it was that I lost 90 pounds.....
I,m sorry I don't think it is funny I was just trying to add a little humor to the post about the good old days.

I take Milk Thistle 2 capsules of 175 mg in the morning and the same before bed. I take a statin drug (crestor) and I drink alcohol. I have been using this product since 1997 and my liver function/health is just fine. I learned about this product from Dr. Andrew Weil in Tucson. You can buy the product at Fry's Foods, Target, or buy mail order from Puritan Pride. 1-800-645-1030
Yes I take it also and it seems to make my Doc. not scold me if you know what I mean.

audsley

As a new but rapidly learning cardiac patient, I'd like to insert this medical fact: 90% of the cholesterol is what your liver decides to manufacture, and the remaining 10% is the result of what you decide to eat. This is a change from what we'd been hearing until recently. In other words, we don't really need to avoid eggs, shrimp, grilled oysters and other great-tasting sources of cholesterol as long as our statins are keeping LDL below 100. Depriving ourselves of these things just makes the more important task - keeping our overall weight and blood pressure down - harder. I'll no longer eat a cheese crisp because it's a calorie bomb loaded with fat, but I won't even think twice about grilled shrimp or huevos rancheros.

Some might consider this a thread hijack, but I'll argue that the most dangerous things about Rocky Point are probably the food and drink we put in our bodies when we're down there. I'm not really worried that someone else will put lead in my body.

And yes, I know, you can get just as fat in Phoenix or Tucson. But I'll do it a lot faster in Rocky Point.