Safe Marina

I stopped in at Safe Marina on Tuesday and ask about prices. The main area no longer does dry storage. The area across the street in now under seperate ownership and you can store there but the sign says it is for sale. If you want Safe marina to launch and pull it is about $ 30.00 plus if they have to get your boat from next door there is an added charge of about $ 28.00. I think 58.00 bucks is way out of line.
Slip rental I believe was $ 38.00 per day.

We are going to try leaving our 5th wheel at Plya De Oro for a month. Their dry storage is $ 45.00 per month with launch and retrieve at $ 10.00. I have no idea about security but I know I can build a secure area in the boat to put electronics while in storage.

Be Happy Don't Worry
Bill

I had checked into getting a slip at Safe Marina a while back when I was looking at getting a boat....their rates were higher then slips at Lake Pleasant, which are outrageous to begin with.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Yeah, it's expensive for sure. Typically, I've been handing over $45 each time I launch/recover at Safe Marine these days. $5 to wash your boat and flush your motors, $5 to store your trailer, $5 to park your truck inside. They nickel/dime you to death. I *might* try the public harbor again, but frankly? It's gotten way congested in there with the new hotel next to it. It was a total zoo last time I launched there. If I still had my old boat (23 ft.) it was easier. But launching my current boat there has gotten to be a pain in the ass. Not to mention everybody there looking for a handout, as well.

Don't know whatever happened to the plans for the "new marina." Manana, I guess.

On Edit: Mount your electronics on the dash or in a box. Mine are on the dash. But I remove them when I'm finished (simple disconnect) and store them locked down in my cabin. If you don't have a cabin, take them with you.

I've been launching my jetskis in the harbor for some.....the lot was not very congested over the 4th....I was able to find a parking space very easily. Yeah...more guys looking for a handout...."to watch your vehicle"....one wanted $5....I have a "regular" that I use....and usually give him a couple of bucks to help me get the skis off and back on the trailer, and he even helps me find a spot to park the trailer/truck.

Those condos they're building next to the launch area have slowed almost to a screeching halt...very little activity...some work with the crane, bringing steel up to the higher floors....maybe 3-4 guys working.

don

I used to use the public harbor (ph), but after using Safe Marina (sm), I'll stick with them. The cost is about the same as the ph, 20 to launch 5 for watching and ? for filleting, but the MAIN reason I'll use sm is because I can return at darkthirty w/o paying my launcher 20.00 per hour after 5:00 PM! Now I can also launch at early thirty, not 0730, or 0800 or ??? I do have some good friends at the public harbor though.

RIC

Stuart said:
On Edit: Mount your electronics on the dash or in a box. Mine are on the dash. But I remove them when I'm finished (simple disconnect) and store them locked down in my cabin. If you don't have a cabin, take them with you.

i agree, in fact i would suggest taking them home with you even if you have a lockable cabin on the boat. in addition to the expense of having to replace them it is a major pain in the a** having to re-enter all your waypoints plus losing the ones you never got around to writing down.

ric

www.ricsrockypointfishing.com

don

I agree with Ric and Stu. My electronics are all quick disconnect and I take them with me. I have personal experience with boat cabins being broken into, so I leave my cabin door(s) unlocked (saves repairing a broken door/jambs a real pita) and I leave nothing of real value in the cabin. Likewise, like Ric said, with your GPS with you (make sure you have a spare pwr cable) , you can always record new waypoints on paper THAT evening. Experience speaking loud and clear I hope!