Safety concerns.... Most Dangerous Metro areas

InkaRoads

cronopiador
RPJoe, I think the message is clear and loud, DO NOT WALK!!!! however if you put it in prospective that is 47K in 9 years of pedestrians only, makes you wonder what are the numbers for the same period for violent homicides in USA, which is what the cartels killings are categories under in Mexico. I think is time for another carne asada taco de perro in Tucson, no I think I'll drive to Phoenix for this one!! they have the bestest with hair and all!!

apb739

Good idea to drive! Don't walk :) really, my point was you can hype anything and make people fear. Actually we are lucky to still be here since May 21, 2011 has come and gone! I just about sold everything and sent it to the preacher. I guess I got till October now.
Counting down 6 days from now, I'm bring the family down for 11 days of.......Fun! And yes I'll be walking around town, but worried about getting hit by cars as much as the drug cartels. I'll be looking over my shoulder. :)

A

angelinastones

Oh! Thanks for sharing this to everyone. WE must know where the death points are. People should be aware for their safety. Many are dying because of accidents. I pity those people who get hit and crashed. :(

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Does anyone know where Arizona is in comparison to the rest of the nation in hand gun deaths or I guess just murders? Im really curious, its actually really funny that the states with strict hand gun control have more murders. Nobody is going to try and jack the average joe in PHX because this guy has a heater in his pants, LEGALLY! LAWL

Kenny

Does anyone know where Arizona is in comparison to the rest of the nation in hand gun deaths or I guess just murders? Im really curious, its actually really funny that the states with strict hand gun control have more murders. Nobody is going to try and jack the average joe in PHX because this guy has a heater in his pants, LEGALLY! LAWL
We have went up Joe, we were 15th a few years ago. You got to Love Texas!... Don't have to, don't want to, can't make me go to TEXAS!.. Check this out! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state Don't know where ya heard that Joe, but it might be one of those urban legends. LOL

Gun violence > Number of homicides (most recent) by state VIEW DATA: Bar Graph Pie Chart Map
Showing latest available data. .td70 { width: 70px; text-align: right; white-space:nowrap; } .td40 { width: 40px; text-align: right; } .td150 { width: 150px; } .td180 { width: 180px; text-align: right; } .td225 { width: 225px; vertical-align: middle; }Rank States
Amount
# 1 California:2,392
# 2 Texas:1,364
# 3 New York:889
# 4 Florida:883
# 5 Illinois:776
# 6 Pennsylvania:650
# 7 Michigan:643
# 8 Georgia:613
# 9 Louisiana:574
# 10 North Carolina:532
# 11 Maryland:521
# 12 Ohio:517
# 13 Arizona:414
# 14 New Jersey:392
# 15 Virginia:391
# 16 Missouri:354
# 17 Tennessee:351
# 18 Indiana:316
# 19 South Carolina:288
# 20 Alabama:254
# 21 Kentucky:236
# 22 Mississippi:227
# 23 Colorado:203
# 24 Washington:190
# 25 Oklahoma:186
# 26 Arkansas:176
# 27 Nevada:172
= 28 New Mexico:169
= 28 Massachusetts:169
# 30 Wisconsin:154
# 31 Kansas:123
# 32 Minnesota:113
# 33 Connecticut:91
# 34 Oregon:90
# 35 West Virginia:68
= 36 Iowa:46
= 36 Utah:46
# 38 Nebraska:40
# 39 Alaska:37
# 40 Hawaii:33
= 41 Idaho:30
= 41 Montana:30
# 43 Rhode Island:26
= 44 South Dakota:18
= 44 New Hampshire:18
= 44 Maine:18
# 47 Delaware:17
# 48 Vermont:16
# 49 Wyoming:11
# 50 North Dakota:9
Total:15,876

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
As I would expect, the highest are those with the largest populations; the lowest are those with the least populations. Guns don't kill people -- people kill people.

As I would expect, the highest are those with the largest populations; the lowest are those with the least populations. Guns don't kill people -- people kill people.
And a couple of the states with some of the toughest/most restirctive gun laws are at the top (NY/CA)........NJ should be higher, but they probably dispose of a lot of the bodies in the Atlantic...so they are never recovered.....:rofl:

Yeah Kenny...but if you look at the overall statistics....people will find other ways to kill someone....what's with "Other" for North Dakota....they don't believe in using knives???

Kenny

Yeah Kenny...but if you look at the overall statistics....people will find other ways to kill someone....what's with "Other" for North Dakota....they don't believe in using knives???
I could make some guesses about wild and woolly North Dakota, but what about 46.2 in New Hampshire?