Sams Club

marybna

Well Known Member
I need to buy another flat screen for Bella. If I buy one at Sam's Club in Tucso, well the warranty be good in Penasco?

Estella

No. Sams club mexico has different return policies. You got to buy a TV in mexico in order to have warranty. And to get an item warrantied is always a hassle in mexico. I bought a big air fan in sams club in Hermosillo and after 3 days it quit working. They had a guy there at returns department, with a screwdriver removing motor cover and inspecting it looking for a quick fix and looking if I removed any parts. It took a while and I got another fan. But return policy in mexico is not as liberal as in USA. Also to add this fact. There is a Samsung TV factory in Hermosillo, that same TV that is "hecho en mexico" is at least 20% more expensive in Sam's club in Hermosillo than in Sam's club in Tucson. If the TV is made in Hermosillo than in Sam's club in Hermosillo should be much cheaper than un Sam's club in Tucson. But for some reason it is not. Nothing is, go to Tucson mall on a weekend and count to number on Sonora plated cars on the parking lot and number will exceed the ones with AZ plates. Mexicans who have money go to shop in USA because everything is cheaper. This may be to disproportional NAFTA trade deal where mexico got worse end of it.

Last edited:

Pinky

I need to buy another flat screen for Bella. If I buy one at Sam's Club in Tucso, well the warranty be good in Penasco?
Mary, save your money and buy the TV in Tucson. We just bought a new television for the bedroom on Friday. The television we bought (LG 3D LED) was priced at $16,240.00 pesos ($1,360.00 USD) at Sam's Club in Mexico for the 47" version. We bought the exact same model but the much larger 55" for $1,298.00 USD tax included at Best Buy in Phoenix.

Last edited:

jerry

Well Known Member
Bad advice as Best Buy may be going under...go Costco and play border roulette but SAMs Mex really is not to bad.Who needs all these 47 inch plus tvs in the bedroom anyways...read a book.

garyd

Well Known Member
Bad advice as Best Buy may be going under...go Costco and play border roulette but SAMs Mex really is not to bad.Who needs all these 47 inch plus tvs in the bedroom anyways...read a book.
Get some sleep or better yet, share the room and time with a loved one !!!!!

PitiquitoRosy

Well Known Member
Isn't Best Buy the place with terrible customer service that will play hardball with anyone wanting a refund? Just pointing out the irony...

Hooch

Well Known Member
Frys electronics picked up a 40" Dynex for my house down there for $300 bucks a couple months ago. They are always having sales, got a 2 or 3 year replacement warranty for 18 bucks with it.